The sad thing about this post is that it won't be nearly as funny as it would be if I were telling it to you in person. But I will do my best.
So Friday morning I am trying to get Matthew off to school. We are cutting it pretty close with making it on time because I couldn't find the hash browns for breakfast (which he insisted on), quizzing him for his spelling test, and trying to find his coat. But we were doin okay and we would make it before the "tardy bell" as long as we left right then.
So I run out to the garage and get in my mom's car. I start it and then look over and on the floor of the passenger seat is a........brace yourselves.........a MOUSE.
I jump out of the car faster than humanly possible and scream. "Matthew!!!!!! Get out here right now!!!!! Hurry! There's a mouse in moms car!"
Side note: My mom has been telling the family there is a mouse in her car for the past month or so. Her belief of this is because there have been nibble marks in any food she's left in the car. Did we listen or believe her? No, of course not.
So Matthew comes out and he's just laughing. I was shaking and my heartbeat is goin' a million miles an hour.
So we brainstorm. I tell him I know he's late for school but I don't care. We have to get the mouse out now while we actually know where it is. So we grab towels, buckets, flower pots, you name it. We're trying to figure out how to cover it so we can get it far, far away out into an open field. . . . AWAY from the houses.
The darn kid isn't even phased by it, he did everything. I just kept yelling at him not to touch it. So he throws the towel over the little guy and puts the flower pot over him. He's stuck. Matt hops in the car and we drive away in search of the perfect field. I was way too close to that thing for comfort. I kept thinking, "I can't believe I am driving in a car with a live mouse in it, two feet away from me just trapped under a flower pot!"
So we're driving towards his school looking for the perfect place to let him go free but aren't having much luck. Finally we pull up to the church parking lot next store to Midway Elementary (this is so bad but sorry) and we decided to chuck it into a big pile of snow (I know it's the church, but we were desperate). Matt pulls the pot off him, still the little guy doesn't move. Then lifts up the floor matt and throws the mouse into the huge pile of snow. Pretty sure the mouse was dead. Cause when we tossed him into the snow, he didn't move.
I told Matthew I was so sorry he was late but he saved the morning. I told him to just tell his teacher that there was a mouse in his car. His reply: "Teddy, that's like telling your teacher your dog at your homework."
Later that morning while walking the dog I tried to call my mom and tell what turned up in her car! She was just laughing hysterically and turns out she put some decon in the car the night before she left. It obviously worked. I told her she was SO dang lucky 1st of all that she didn't have to deal with it and while we were doing all the dirty work she was laying on the beach in Mexico. And 2nd she was dang lucky that little rodent didn't die under the seat and was never found. It would have stunk up the car SO bad! Ugh.
My question: how did that thing get in the car anyway?
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
HA HA HA!!! that's awesome...but really Teddy...you lived in S.A. with spiders the size of your hand walking around the apartment...i love you!
LOL!! Teds you are SO dang brave. I am SOOOO incredibly petrified of mice, and I would have flipped. I can't even look at the little beasts. I give you major props for that one! EEK!
I'm pretty sure Dave has a mouse in his truck...so give him lots of tips ;). *shiver*
You are hilarious! I love this. Never a dull moment with you guys!
teddy, I love your blog! You are so darn cute.....thanks for keeping in touch. Hopefully we can see you some time soon, it's been way too long!
Teddy! That story was hilarious, you had me laughing so hard. I can't imagine how surprised you were when you got in the car to see a little mouse in your passenger seat! We have a mouse in our house right now, we haven't seen in him a while - but I know he's there. Mice, yuck!
Oh that is the funniest story I have read in a LONG time! I HATE mice...they freak me out. I have a mouse story on my blog, you need to check it out. LOL.
Post a Comment