Monday, February 23, 2009

Gotta love moms

It's been a long day here at work and my cute mom just made my day. I get this phone call from her on my cell:

Mom: Hey sweetie! (she always says sweetie) Are you working?
Me: Yeah, but what's up?
Mom: Well I'm just down here in Salt Lake and got these darling tulips for my visiting teachers but they're so darn cute I have to give them to you. I'm about 30 seconds away from the E.R. and so I'll see you in a second!
Me: Wait, what? Are you seroius?
Mom: My visiting teachers are coming at 3:30 (it's 3:05 and she still needs to get to Midway) so I've got to zoom!
Me: Mom, you did not have to do that.

So I ran outside and she comes flying down towards the ambulance bay. She hands me the darling flowers and a loaf of my very favorite wheat seeded bread from Costco out the window.

Mom: Okay I've gotta run! If I die on my way home cause I'm driving so fast, just remember me by the tulips!

Moms are the best. I think that makes up for the mouse I had to get out of her car last week.

This picture doesn't do these flowers justice, but they are so beautiful. The tulips got me so excited for spring!

And my yummy bread from Costco (already eaten 1/2 the loaf while writing this blog post)

2 comments:

Gabe and Abby said...

I love your mom! That sounds JUST like her. I can just picture her in her car... "Gotta run sweetie"! Reminds me of the good ol' days in that white, what was it, an isuzu trooper? tell her i love her!

abby o said...

I love your mom too, and she calls me sweetie too. Enjoy the tulips...I planted about 200 bulbs last fall (I'm a little giddy over having my very own dirt) and I freaking can't wait for spring!!! and TULIPS!!!