Monday, February 23, 2009

Now that's some good cookin'

A few months ago Scott and I got new cell phones and we actually did the whole rebate thing and got money back! I know most people don't do it because you have to actually cutt off part of the box, fill out a little form, and then mail it to the Verizon store and it's a total pain in the butt, but people! Let me tell you, it's worth it! $120 later we have some spending money! And what else better to spend some of it on than food?

So Saturday night I picked up Scott from the library after studying all day and he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse. He has been wanting to go there for so long. We get out there and it's packed. We're talking like a 2 hour wait. But hey, we drove all the way out there and we were stayin'. It worked out perfectly because we found a little spot on the bench in the "waiting" area where we could crack open peanuts, eat them, throw them on the ground, and the Jazz game was on, it was great!

Finally we get seated and when they seat you they give you a fabulous (and I mean fabulous) batch of hot, homemade rolls with cinnamon honey butter. Holy cow, SO good! Scott and I went nuts over them. Scott kept saying (before we even got our real food), "This is my new favorite restaurant. I love this place. This is my new favorite place. I love it here."

Finally our steaks came (they let you pick which steak you want them to grill up for you if you want) and holy cow it was YUMMY. Here's Scott before digging in:

Next to that humongous steak is a sweet potato covered in marshmellow, cinnamon honey butter, you name it. I am not a fan of sweet potatoes but he was lovin it! We were so sick full by the end but can't wait to go again! Yea for Texas Roadhouse!

6 comments:

jessi9380 said...

Oh honey, this was your first trip to TR?! That place rocks! I am SO sold on throwing peanuts on the floor. Did they dance for you when you were there? :-)
When Tom graduated med school, don't ask me why, but his mom wanted to take him there, and so they told them it was his birthday also, and had to sit on a saw horse with a cowboy had (in his suit!) and they sang to him! Hilarious.

Erica said...

oh so cute! i just love you two! (ps. i would love that key lime recipe you have... send me an email!)

Brittney said...

Dave is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wanting steak, so, we will definitely have to try this place. Also, the post about your mom was so sweet. It touched my heart. How thoughtful of her!

lol...just read Jess' comment.

Katelin Pridgen said...

I'm dying! I've got to go with you next time! Let's save up!

M said...

holy cow! i'm starving now. where is this play anyway? I MUST go there!

Linsey said...

You are so cute! I was laughing out loud at your mouse adventure!