Tuesday, October 28, 2008

23 is a success (so far)

Well my birthday was a great time, thanks to everyone else in my life that made it so wonderful. Man, people are just so nice. People gave me a call or got me a darling gift that I never would've even expected. I'm serious, it made me want to be kinder because even just little things like that mean so much.
So as I mentioned before I worked a 12 hour shift on my b-day, not so fun. But after work some family met at Costa Vida and we had a delicious dinner! It finally felt like a birthday!
After dinner we went home and ate Tres Leches birthday cake in bed. We have a terrible habit of eating shakes, ice cream, or whatever else is bad for us in bed before going to sleep, and now cake. We can do that until Scott becomes an "official dentist" right? I was so thrilled to get some birthday money and be able to go shopping! I tell ya though, it's different when you actually have money to spend, I swear, clothes became ugly to me! I could NOT for the life of me pick something to buy! Normally when browsing through the stores it's like, "I'd buy that, I'd buy that, I'd buy that". But I was so darn picky, it was, "Ummmm, do I really want to spend my money on that?" It was crackin' me up. But needless to say, I went up to the Banana Republic outlet and then things changed, it became much too easy to spend all the money. I got some great stuff!

And last but not least, the moment you've all been waiting for! My gifts from Scott, so great! First, I got this fabulous watch that I LOVE.
Isn't that great? I love it because it's so different.
And last but not least....... Woohoo! I'm so excited about this. I told Scott I wanted it because I am SO sick of the workout videos I have and winter's coming and I won't be able to ride outside anymore and I absolutely despise the gym. He was like, "Teddy, I can't give you workout videos for your birthday. Everyone will ask you what I got you and you can't say workout videos." That's like saying, "Happy Birthday, I think you're fat and you need to workout more." So to make it clear, I asked for these! Some girls from my work told me about it and they love it. They say it's a blast and you drip sweat, so I'm stoked for a change. Neighbors, if you walk by our apartment and see me in the window through the curtains with blasting music and doing some funky moves, it's just the turbo jam.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great birthday. All your kind gifts and phone calls mean the world. People are so kind. Well off to bigger and better things, here comes another year!

4 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

Love it! What cute pics! I'm glad we were able to celebrate with you guys. I LOVE that watch and those videos will be so much fun! Love ya

abby o said...

Happy birthday Teddy! So glad you got a good party in there between...life. I want a review of Turbo Jam, I am a total workout video nerd, can't bear to spend money or time at the gym! So I'm always on the prowl for good stuff.

klt9976 said...

LOVE THE WATCH! Happy Birthday dear!

geeno said...

if the cover of turbo jam doesn't sell you on it I don't know what will - they all look like they are having such a good time. and you have great taste in watches too - that is a keeper!