Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bonneville Shoreline/Bobsled

Yesterday Tierney and I went mountain biking on the Bonneville Shoreline. It was beautiful. I haven't been mountain biking for the longest time, but it was a blast! It is completely different than road biking, that's for sure! It took some time to get used to. At first I was being super cautious, trying to avoid all the big rocks. But by the end I learned to have complete confidence in the bike, and maybe even got a little too confident! We went down a section called "the bobsled" that was super awesome. It starts out just straight down steep and then it turns into this fast trail with all these fun turns. It's just like a bobsled track where you go up on the sides of the hill back and forth, back and forth. I had a great fall when I was cruisin down one of the sides. The bike landed right on top of me. I was so shocked and laughing so hard I couldn't move because the bike was so heavy and the hill I was on was so steep. Once Tierney got the bike off me I slid right down the hill. I'm definitely feeling the bruises today! It was sure beautiful though with the slightly muddy trail from the snow with all the orange and red leaves on the ground. I was lovin it.
Excited to start the ride!
On bobsled there are all these old abandoned cars along the trail..Such a beautiful view of the valley
It was nice to go and do something fun on Fall Break. It's been a week full of errands, cleaning and working so it was great to get out and enjoy the beauty. Scott didn't get fall break so thanks Tierney for entertaining me! It was quite an adventure!

3 comments:

Nat and Justin said...

You're so good to get out and go biking all the time! Miss you! And... I tagged you on my blog! Love you!

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

im jealous that you Bike all the time! ha ha no wonder you are so gorgeous and fit! I love watching your blog, you seem like you have a great life right now! you were fun and hilarious in Ecuador, and it seems like you still remain the same great person!
xx

Erica said...

You're so stinkin' cute Teds! Love you lots!!!