It has been FREEZING here to say the least. It's just miserable outside. I didn't take Jane out anywhere for about a week (don't worry, I was able to get out for myself) because it has just been so dang cold. But there is hope! The weather this weekend is calling for low 40's!!! And get this.....53 next Wednesday!! Hallelujah! We are definitely gonna be out on walks.
I cleaned out my pantry and organized it. That then led to my fridge. I found some dinner tupperware from "quite some time ago" hiding in the back to say the least. Pretty dang nasty. It felt so good to get it all cleaned out and it looks so squeaky clean. I was hoping Scott would notice and when he got home from school browsing for something to eat.....he did.
I also organized Jane's nursery. She has grown out of so many of her clothes. So they are all packed up in tupperwares and the new ones are replaced in her drawers. It was so hard to pack some of those away! I just hope so badly I get to use them again someday. The time is flying by so quickly and she is so big.
Speaking of Jane. She's doing great. She is getting so much better and is finally being herself again. She sounds a million times better and her cough is pretty much gone. The congestion is still there but she seems to have learned how to deal with it a lot better.
Two of her newest things.....she's saying "Da-da" constantly. It's her new favorite words. Yeah I know, Scott won that competition. I kept trying to teach her "mama" but she doesn't get the big smile on her face like she does when we say, "Da-da!" It's so cute. She's got this whine coming though and it's totally freakin' me out. The other day when I put her book away before nap, she whined. Then last night when she dropped her toy out of her exersaucer....whine. When I pulled her off one side of nursing to switch her and she wasn't satisfied yet.....whine. It's begun!!! She is definitely aware and turning into a little pistol. But SO cute and so stinkin' fun.
Today I FINALLY had my first sewing machine class! It has been sitting in the box in the living room and Scott keeps saying, "Do you even want that thing?" I am so excited about it, the machine is awesome!!! It is all digital and I don't even have to use a foot petal! I can if I want to, but it's not necessary, there's a start and stop button. It automatically winds up my bobbin and there's a needle threader too! Those are just a couple things that are super neat about it. Oh and it does button holes completely on it's own, I just sit back and relax! I was so giddy at my class, I just ate it up. So I whipped up my first sewing project tonight....leg warmers for Jane-o. SO CUTE huh?
I'm loving The Bachelor. Yes, I'm still that pathetic. But I've recruited my bestest bud to watch it with me and now she's addicted (aren't ya Chels)? I look forward to Mondays. I have my faves and I have my least faves. Michelle. Oh Michelle, you give Salt Lake such a bad name. You are quite beautiful, but that doesn't matter anymore. You're a deadly witch. But you're quite entertaining, I must say.
Also, loving The Biggest Loser. I couldn't watch it for a few seasons because it reminded me of being pregnant and how sick I was. The sickest I ever was pregnant was one night and I remember laying on the couch watching The Biggest Loser. It brought back terrible memories for awhile every time I saw it on TV. Well that phase is obviously over. It is so inspiring! But pretty pathetic that almost every time though I find myself eating ice cream or my late night snack while watching it and they're all starving to death and bashing fattening foods. I'm always found guilty on that one for some reason. Maybe eventually I'll catch on.
I started "The Help" while in Utah. It doesn't fit in my elliptical holder and it's driving me crazy. That truly is the only time I get to read for pleasure and so I called the library to get the books on CD (I hear they're great). I'm number 18 on the list. So I look forward to finishing that book in 2 years. I have to tell you I read my new favorite book just awhile back. It's called "These Is My Words". Oh I loved it so much and am tempted to name my next daughter Sarah because I love her so much. If you haven't read it, read it. You won't be disappointed. And for my scripture study this past month or so I've been reading "21 Days Closer to Christ". Definitely recommend that one too. I learned so much not only from the scriptures but about myself and my relationship with my Savior.
I think it's time to start feeding Jane baby food. In fact, I know it's time. She is eyeballing our food like crazy and wants it badly. But I have to admit, I'm a little sad to start it. I don't want her to stop nursing. It's my favorite thing in the world. It's my favorite time that I have with her to sit and stare at her and sing to her while she runs her hands up and down my cheeks. She's not going to stop will she and totally lose interest in nursing? Any advice on that? I started giving her rice cereal before we went to Utah and then with her getting sick I kind of just stopped, it was the last thing on my mind. But she loved it.
These are my new very, very most favorite treat. Only 70 calories and so delicious. Sometimes I eat 2 in one sitting and justify to myself that it's still a lot less calories than my beloved banana, peanut butter shakes at night. Walmart has then for the cheapest. The acai berry and coconut are delicious too, but this kind is my very fave.
Oooo and these too, from Costco. New favorite snack. These won't disappoint either.
Alright, off to clean out the storage room and basement while Jane's napping. There's so many spiders down there I've put it off as long as possible but it's definitely time.
Also, loving The Biggest Loser. I couldn't watch it for a few seasons because it reminded me of being pregnant and how sick I was. The sickest I ever was pregnant was one night and I remember laying on the couch watching The Biggest Loser. It brought back terrible memories for awhile every time I saw it on TV. Well that phase is obviously over. It is so inspiring! But pretty pathetic that almost every time though I find myself eating ice cream or my late night snack while watching it and they're all starving to death and bashing fattening foods. I'm always found guilty on that one for some reason. Maybe eventually I'll catch on.
I started "The Help" while in Utah. It doesn't fit in my elliptical holder and it's driving me crazy. That truly is the only time I get to read for pleasure and so I called the library to get the books on CD (I hear they're great). I'm number 18 on the list. So I look forward to finishing that book in 2 years. I have to tell you I read my new favorite book just awhile back. It's called "These Is My Words". Oh I loved it so much and am tempted to name my next daughter Sarah because I love her so much. If you haven't read it, read it. You won't be disappointed. And for my scripture study this past month or so I've been reading "21 Days Closer to Christ". Definitely recommend that one too. I learned so much not only from the scriptures but about myself and my relationship with my Savior.
I think it's time to start feeding Jane baby food. In fact, I know it's time. She is eyeballing our food like crazy and wants it badly. But I have to admit, I'm a little sad to start it. I don't want her to stop nursing. It's my favorite thing in the world. It's my favorite time that I have with her to sit and stare at her and sing to her while she runs her hands up and down my cheeks. She's not going to stop will she and totally lose interest in nursing? Any advice on that? I started giving her rice cereal before we went to Utah and then with her getting sick I kind of just stopped, it was the last thing on my mind. But she loved it.
Oooo and these too, from Costco. New favorite snack. These won't disappoint either.
Alright, off to clean out the storage room and basement while Jane's napping. There's so many spiders down there I've put it off as long as possible but it's definitely time.
1 comment:
Congrats on sewing! I love the leg warmers. What a great start.
Jane is a doll. I know what you mean about being sad putting away her clothes. It will be fun to have another girl someday and pull them out.
Post a Comment