Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Utah Trip Part 1: Lake Powell

Well let's first just say that this big, awkward pregnant gal survived 3 days camping in Lake Powell at 32 weeks pregnant! No houseboat, toilet, or soft comfy bed. As ironic as it may sound, the trip was heaven. My dad surprised me with tickets to come out to Utah and visit. It was the funnest email I've gotten (probably ever)! Scott is so, so, so, so busy in school right now and studying for boards that it was the perfect time for me to take off for a week and a half and go spend some good summer lovin' with the fam. I was lucky enough to spend some of my time in Lake Powell. I have missed that place so much and realize that I probably won't be back for awhile with a new baby coming, so it was such a blessing to partake of the goodness one last time to tide me over for awhile. It was my mom, Monty, and my two little brothers. We had a blast.
We did a couple great hikes.

The water was AMAZING. I may or may not have tried to get up skiing and failed but I was a wonderful photographer if I may say so myself.The most exciting part of the trip was seeing my mom able to ski for the first time with her 2 new artificial knees. For the last 10 years I've watched her ski in so much pain and holy smokes she ripped it up! I haven't seen her ski like that for so long and the sweetest part of all is that she was pain free! She had the biggest smile on her face the whole time!Matthew got up at the end of last year but was a total stud and mastered it this trip. He's got it! Check out those new gorgeous teeth, braces off!!The boys survived some trecherous tubing:And we did some great belly comparing. I win.Not only are these boys so handsome, they are the funnest, kindest, best brothers ever. I think he'll thank me for this candid someday. Sorry ladies, he's only 12.More pics of the Utah trip to come!

1 comment:

Jade said...

ahhhhhhhh! i aven't checked your blog forever beause i haven't had the internet!!!!!!!!!!! you ar having a baby!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh! i am so happy for you! yay being a mom is the best you will love it!