Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Shower

I was able to have the funnest shower while in Utah. We just combined both sides of the family, Scott's fam, and just a few of my closest friends. It was so much fun! It worked out perfect because it allowed me to see so many of the wonderful women I wanted to see and spend time with while I was in Utah. All these gals are the cream of the crop I tell ya.We had the shower at my dad and Crystal's house. They were so nice to host and it was so beautiful. I had to snag one pic with him before he was booted out of the house for girl time. Crystal and Keri (my cute sis in law) planned and worked so hard on decorating and putting it all together.I got WONDERFUL gifts! I have to take some close ups of some of my favorite things. You are going to die at this amazing quilt my Aunt Karen made me and all this stuff that Scott's mom has been slaving away making. SO much fun! So those are to come. I lucked out with being able to see my best girlfriends. They were so darling and stayed late and we were able to talk and catch up. My best friend in the whole world, Abby, just happened to be in town that weekend at the last minute. What a treat!THE best mother in law in the whole entire world. I was lucky enough to spend a night out on the town with Scott's parents to the beloved Cafe Rio and Frogurt and then spend a night at their house. Sure love you guys!My darling Aunt Karen and cousin Abby drove all the way down from Logan. Cute Abby was overdue with her baby and such a trooper to come all the way down. We were just laughing that just one year ago exactly we were in awesome shape and riding across Iowa on our bikes! Wow times change fast! I was able to sneak in a delicious lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with them earlier that day. Abbs had her beautiful baby girl 2 days later!My darling mom who did pretty much all of the cooking for the shower. I'm just sick that I didn't get a picture of it all. The most beautiful, summer salads she slaved away on all day. Love you mama! (Don't mind our busy dresses together! Whoosh!)Crystal my darling step mom who was so much fun to spend time with on that trip. We had so much fun watching the Bachelorette, doing our fingers and toes, shopping, going on walks, etc. Love you Crissy.And last but not least, all the Cannon girls!
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! What a treat that was. And I still managed to get all that stuff home! Pretty impressive!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh! I'm so mad we missed it! My mom got the invitation they day after we got back from St George and we had already missed it! We were so disappointed it would've been so fun to see you so pregs and catch up. BIG disappointment!! I can't wait to see more pics of all your great stuff. Baby clothes are the cutest

Keri Cannon said...

I miss you already!!! You couldn't be any cuter and I can't wait for you to be a mommy! Love you so muchQ

geeno said...

dito to heather's comment - i wish i could have buzzed across 5 states or so to be with that fun group, oh man plus i missed a fabulous selection of eileen's salads - now i'm really feeling like i missed out!

abby o said...

Oh Teddy I'm so glad I got to come!! It was so fun to see you and celebrate babies...what a fun, fun time of life.