Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Showers and Nursery Glimpse

I have the greatest friends out here. All the teachers at work did my very first shower for me and it was a blast. I am so bummed that I didn't take any pictures till the very end and most of the gals had already left. The food was awesome, great games, and while I opened gifts.....get this....they massaged me for 5 minutes each!! So I got like a 45 minutes massage! Can you believe that? I was feeling so guilty but it was heaven! I can't believe how kind and generous people are, I got the neatest gifts. We were just sitting there chatting after I had opened everything up and they wheeled out a stroller and car seat combo. I couldn't believe it, I started balling! I was just so in shock that they would do something like that. Scott and I had just talked about budgeting the night before and I was stressing about a stroller/car seat. It is a huge blessing and I am so grateful for it. They are the best. My dearest, bestest friends out here threw me the greatest shower. I'm telling ya, they are just the best. The food was marvelous and I am so sad I don't have pictures of it all because it was a sight to see! Beautiful huge salads, fresh fruit, fondue, delicious punch with all these fresh berries inside, amazing desserts, you name it. It was amazing. We played the funnest games and they had one where they typed up my name "Teddy Jane Cannon" and "Dennis Scott Elder" and they had to see how many girls names they could come up with out of those letters. AMAZING I'm telling you! There were 100's! No lie! It was a kick in the pants. A few of the girls pitched in for a Baby Bjorn which I'm totally psyched about. Love these gals.My dearest friend Ali made me this cake out of diapers, bottles, bibs, socks, bath toys, onesies, you name it. It was amazing and I can't bear to take it apart yet. Last month I was going through some major withdrawls from my mom. I think Scott felt like he was married to some emotional crazy woman because I cried to him quite a bit about missing my mom. I begged her to come out and visit and begged...and begged.....and begged...and it worked! She came out and we had the best time together. She got me whipped into shape and we got all the nursery set up and organized, bought a dresser for all the baby's clothes, and the closet all organized. We totally owned Home Depot, Target, you name it. We got a TON done together and it was great because it's one of those thing where I didn't even know where to start. But we are set. Drawers are all assigned and all her little dressers are hanging up. We are so on top of it! Here is just a glimpse of the nursery. Not done yet but you can get an idea, and sorry it's so dark.
Isn't that rug adorable? I LOVE it, it was the greatest find. It's just what the hard wood floor needed to cheer it up. Still need to hang things on the wall and add a few more things but it's so fun to walk in there. I go in there all the time and just look through her clothes and look at all her stuff. It's so much fun! When is she coming??!!

7 comments:

abby o said...

SO FUN TEDDY! Of course people LOVE you, I'm so glad you had some fun showers. And aren't moms the best? My baby is due in 2 weeks and I don't even have a crib set up yet (3rd child neglect syndrome) but I did have my mom slaving over unpacking my kitchen today. I tell ya, sometimes you just need your mom to show you how it's done.

Don't Hit Bikes said...

I love it Teddy! You deserve it all so much more. I just can't wait to see you and have are own celebration. You are adorable - love you tons.

M said...

what a beautiful room you set up! what a lucky baby! i'm so glad you had some great showers with great gifts! that makes such a huge difference! enjoy the last part of your pregnancy, and get in as many dates with scotty as you can before she comes!love ya teds!

Keri Cannon said...

Funnest showers, nicest people (stroller and carseats?!? so awesome!), cutest diaper cake and I love the baby's room!! I'm going to see you and your cute little belly in less than 24 hours! xoxo

Tiff-E said...

Sooo much fun! Babies are the best! Oh, I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad your mom could come out, there is nothing like a mom to help you feel better about becoming one yourself...my mom helped me finish painting Kaylie's room the DAY before she was born...it wouldn't have gotten done in time without her! And yes, now it's just a waiting game...oh, don't you just want to meet her...and stretch out her cute little legs and arms, and oh...it's just sooo hard to wait...good luck, the day will be here before you know it. :) P.S. You are looking soooo fabulous, and say hi to Tresa for me...we go way back!!! :)

Heather said...

Wow! Awesome bedroom, totally jealous - Finn sleeps in our living room. You are going to love being able to put her in her own room.

I think baby showers are so much more fun than wedding showers. Baby stuff is the cutest!

Unknown said...

nursery looks awesome! I'm so glad your mom could come out and help ya!