Last night we went and did "Shoot the Tube", it was crazy! We have done it many times before, but that was the scariest time I've ever been through! For those of you who don't know, there's a big tunnel where water goes through right at the base of Parley's canyon. You walk up the tube, dam it up and then as soon as you pull the board water shoots down the tube and it sweeps you down on inner tubes! Last night we had 22 people in there and they dammed it up higher than ever, it was over-flowing! I seriously thought I was going to die. When they let the water go, in front of me I just saw like 8 tubes fly up in the air and then there were about 11 of us just all on top of each other flying down. On the way down Scott kept saying, "Uh oh, this isn't good! This isn't good!" I thought for sure I was dead. We survived though. I hit my shin really hard on the rocks, and Scott got a nice cut on his knee, we all had a few scrapes and bruises, but it was worth all the fun. The second time around I opted to take pictures!(along with the rest of the girls) Here is what the madness looks like:
In this 1st picture, do you see the tube in the air? Do you see the chaco sandle in the middle of it? That's Scott's foot and you can follow his leg down and he's completely upside down about to get hammered!




9 comments:
Oh my heck girl!!! That looks so fun and INSANE! Those pictures are just too crazy!
I LOVE shooting the tube! I really want TJ to go and do it. If you guys ever do it again, WE WANT TO COME! I'll be the prego girl taking pictures! Oh PS. Sisterhood of the traveling pants comes out on August 6th - can we please all go!!!?
haha Teds - One of our friends has been trying to talk us into going to do this with them, but I am too big of a wannie and wasn't sure about it. Never been, but just by the explanation it scared me a little - now I really don't think I can do it after seeing your pictures! :) haha It looks like complete madness! But sounds like you had fun and that's what should count. Miss you! Are we ever going to get together?:)
Umm, to block water so it builds up is spelled "dam." The one you used is a swear word.
Thanks for the correction of damn. My bad.
Scary! I'm never had enough guts to shoot the tube but your pics are fun! That's the first time I've ever seen it actually haha. Miss you guys!
oh teddy! your life is so exciting! you're such a good blogger...i suck! anyways, i added you as my friend so i can keep up with you and your fun life! thanks for the comments!
Is this the thing that comes out at Tanner park?
HI Scott and Teddy - I love your blog too, and I really ought to comment more often. I was about to write an essay on gas mileage but I resisted. Did your mom ever tell you how we used to run the tunnel by our house on Princeton. You got in by the fire station (now library) and it went right under the road. We didn't have any tubes but our cutoffs and bum. It was pretty terrifying. I wonder if our parents or the "authorities" knew we were doing such dangerous stuff.... maybe that's why it is all covered up now.... Karen
Post a Comment