Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh this weekend was fun! Even though we didn't go far we still treated it as a vacation. On Thursday we floated the Provo River! It was a blast! We did it with my mom, Monty, Matthew and then Scotty and I. I can't believe we have never done it before, we are going to do it all the time now! You just get in right below Deer Creek and then get out down the canyon by the Sundance turn off. It took about 2 hours. We paid 10 bucks to get shuttled to the top and get a tube, but you can totally do it on your own if you want, we will from now on. While I was sitting on the tube floating down I just kept thinking, "Now this is what life is all about." The canyon was gorgeous, and there's just something about being on a river. I was so sad I didn't take my camera on the tube with me, I totally could have taken it in a ziploc, I just wasn't sure what it was going to be like. But here are some pics before and after our ride:


After floating the river we were STARVING! We made reservations to go to the buffett at Zermatt in Midway. Every Thursday is BBQ night and they have all different kinds of ribs! It is truly heaven for the boys! So we hurried back, showered off, and ran down to make our dinner time! It was delicious! We ate.... and ate.... and ate till we were stuffed! After we stuffed ourselves full we went and watched a firework show over Deer Creek Resevoir. It was beautiful. We went straight back to the condo to bed and crashed because we were so full and so tired. The next morning we woke up and went waterskiing at 6 :30AM to beat the crowds! We were the 1st ski boat on the lake (a few fisherman beat us to it). It was beautiful. The sun was just coming up over the mountains. It was a bit chilly at first, but so worth it. We got in some great skiing and wakeboarding. We finished around 9:30 and it was perfect because it started getting crowded and the water got so choppy as were leaving! We timed it perfectly!

My camera died and I was so mad! It kept telling me to change the batteries and would turn off. I could hurry and turn it on and get one shot, but it wasn't working very well. Scott did so awesome on the wakeboard! He was getting so much air, but this picture doesn't do it justice. It was the only one I could get of him in the air. Sorry babe!

Joe finally decided to wake up and take a ski. Not many more before the mish! This picture cracks me up because it looks like he's trying to pull a model shot, but really the sun was just in his eyes and he was not awake yet!

Scott's the only one Matthew will listen to when learning how to wakeboard. I love those two together.

After boating we went and hung out at the pool in Dutch Fields where my mom and Monty are moving. Their house is coming along great! It's going to be so much fun!

After swimming we headed down from Midway and out to my dads in Daybreak. We love it out there. My dad and I went on a bike ride and then we had a big BBQ with family. My grandma brought hot dogs from Emigration Market, they were huge and delish!

Saturday my dad and I went on another long ride. He's the man, he ran the Deseret News marathon on Thursday in 4:40 without hardly training, then went biking with me on Friday and Saturday. I asked him on our ride how many marathons he'd run and he said he sat down the other day and tried to figure it out. He came up with about 46. So cool dad. Maybe I will run ONE one day. We took my niece Savannah and my little brothers swimming and spent the rest of the day in the sun! Then we both ended the weekend off with a bang by going to work Saturday night. Thanks everyone for the fun weekend. It was a great "vacation" for us!

7 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I don't know why you feel the need for a dream house, it looks like your mom already has it! Looks like your weekend was so fun! I love weekends like that!

klt9976 said...

Looks like you had SOOO much fun!

M said...

wow! you guys did a lot! i'm so glad you had a great 24th! we'll have to hang out with you guys next year! jk. love ya teds!

Tiff-E said...

HOW FUN! You guys totally did tons! Live it up, fall brings lots of "busy" to your world...but yeah, it's gotta be worth it in the end, right!

becca said...

hi. this is becca...my maiden name is becca church. i just got your message on my blog about how you will be moving out to omaha nebraska in a year. we love it - it is a lot of fun out there! I went to olympus and am the same age as your brother brock. Your dad used to live in the same circle as my parents before he moved to daybreak. crazy world!
anyway...if you have questions about omaha or anything feel free to email me @ bekkamatsumori@gmail.com

Keri Cannon said...

What a fun weekend teds! I'm really sad we missed out hanging out with the fam so much. I love your fam (I guess it's my fam too :) ). The house is looking so good! Crazy! Can't wait to hang out with you guys again soon! Love ya!

Cory said...

That's a fun weekend. I especially liked Scott's pink life jacket :)