Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Random Thoughts:

It has been another ordinary week of busy school, work, cold weather, and not much else. Here are just some things that I have been thinking about this week. Bear with me:

I lasted all winter without getting sick once! I guess I got excited about that too early because this week I came down with a gnarly cold. I know it sounds weaksauce, but it really has taken a toll on me in many ways. I am so grateful for my health and strength, I know that I take it so for granted. I can’t wait to be back to normal again.

Last night Scott and I went to grab a bite to eat because our cupboards were bare. For desert I wanted a slurpee for my throat. So we stopped at the local sev and I got my beloved slurpee. I meet Scott at the register and in his hand he’s holding two pink cookies. Ya know, “the pink cookies” we all loved as kids but don’t eat anymore because we realized that the fat grams are only for ¼ of the cookie? But really, there’s like 40 grams of fat, not 10? I have to admit I coveted him for being able to just eat those without even thinking twice about “getting fatter.” That is one of the reasons that I think boys are so great.

The other day I was driving home from my mom’s house and I was at the light at the top of 4500 South. I saw something that is still haunting me. There were 4 girls (about 13 years old) standing on the corner in levi mini skirts and string bikinis and they were flaunting their boobs. And when I say flaunting I mean they were like bending over, pushing them together with their hands and they didn’t even HAVE anything there. You guys I can’t even tell you how bad it hurt to look at, I started to cry. I had the sickest feeling in my stomach all day. I wanted to pull over, shove them in my car and take them home. All it would take is some creepy guy driving past to pull over and take them far, far away. I fear for those girls.

I have a great friend who I love dearly lose her baby this week. I have been thinking a lot about how hard it must be after the excitement of finally thinking you’re going to become a mother. I am praying for her and I know that Heavenly Father will bless her with children because she is too good of a woman to not be a mother in this crazy world. Love you sweetie.

I am really excited for general conference this upcoming Sunday. It still hasn’t really hit me that President Hinckley is not our prophet anymore. I think it will become reality this Sunday. I feel so blessed to be able to spend my weekend listening to such great people that are so much better than I am. I hope it will make me better, I’m sure it will.

So two weeks ago I was just having one of those weeks where I just felt, well…ugly. I hate it when people are like, “I’m fat, I’m ugly” because I’m just like, “Well do something about it then!” And that was me, and it was so lame. So as a result of this, I went to my hairstylist and said, “Make me feel prettier” and she chopped my hair off. Not all of it, but about 7 inches. It is so short (to my shoulders, but short to me). It has been so hard to get used to and I’ve really regretted cutting it (mostly b/c I can’t do it like she did). The next day I cried to Scott about it and kept crying about it, crying about it and then came to the realization that it’s just HAIR. Who cares Teddy? Geez.

Scott’s really into golf these days. Not that he hasn’t been obsessed with it ever since we met, but he’s REALLY into it right now. Oh I love him. He is so set on this new swing of his. He claims he has figured it out and is going to become a scratch golfer this year, good enough to go pro. Can’t wait to see that day come. And the thing is, with how driven he is, I really wouldn’t be surprised if it really did happen. Maybe I will be married to a PGA golfer, not a dentist after all…..

This week one of my best friends was in town from Washington D.C. and the LATE ladies got to get together for dinner. The LATE ladies consist of Lindsay, Abby, Teddy and Erica. I am so grateful for great friends. It is important to have nights like that where you can talk about life, trials, marriage, dating, and look back on old memories. We talked for 3 1/2 hours until we were basically kicked out of the restaurant. It's amazing where life takes us and how things you never thought would happen do. I feel lucky to be where I am.

I have to admit that I am really excited to drive a decent car one day. I have had my little honda since high school and I've had the worst luck with it. Lately, everything's been falling apart. It first got hit from behind when I stupidly let my brothers take it to California. It never got fixed because it was a "hit and run". On our wedding night we took it to the car wash and all (well most) of the paint came off of my bumper. Since then, the trunk doesn't stay shut anymore, so it's tied down with bungee cords. The side light has fallen out, and this weekend I walked outside and the front headlight was popped out just hanging there. How do these things happen? Two weeks ago someone knocked my side mirror off and left no note, it's just hanging there as well. Can't afford to fix it so we're gonna try glueing it. Sun roof is busted, and the latest craze is that while I'm driving it, sometimes it just decides to shut down. All of a sudden the spedomitors & rpm's just go down to zero and I have to pull over and restart it. It's quite scary! With all the negatives, it will be a blessing one day because when I am driving a decent car someday, I will SO appreciate it. I know I'll look back on it and laugh....okay, so we're already laughing about it, but still.

I could go on and on about where my brain wanders, but that’s enough for now. I haven’t been the best journal keeper since I’ve been married so this is good for me. Thanks for bearing with me. To be continued I'm sure……

6 comments:

alisquire said...

I think your hair is SO cute!

Youngins said...

I want to see pictures of your hair! When i cut mine OFF surprising enough I didnt cry, it will grow back! Next time let me cut your hair! Love all the thoughts! Next time call me to do ladies night haha

Tiff-E said...

Teddy, you are so good to do some journaling, I too have been a slacker! You are cute to share all your fun thoughts, and I loved reading them! It's fun to relate! I can't wait to see your hair...whenever I get to see you... :)

Erica said...

I love the random thoughts! I must see a picture of you hair. I am sure it is so darling. Also, I fearing for those poort mini skirt girls as well. What has happened to our world??

M said...

I love you Teds! You're the cutest girl in the world! Sorry about having not such a good week, it happens to the best of us! Love ya!

Kate said...

Teddy! I love how you love life. You are always so positive about everything. I wish I could be more like you! I love your POS car. That is so awesome!