Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Enjoying the Journey

Well finals are over! I am so relieved, this week was crazy and I am SO sick of studying. I am super bummed that summer semester starts back up on Monday and that I will be sitting in a class from 8-5 every single day next week. Even still, I'm hoping for the sunshine to come out because I am ready for warmth! I have come to realize that life doesn't get any easier, it just stays crazy. I kept thinking, "Oh as soon as Wednesday is over, life will be sweet!" But nope, it's just starting right back up again. I remember my mom once told me to always make sure to enjoy the journey. This is such a unique, fun time in life that I will never have again. Besides the stress, I couldn't ask for more. Scott mentioned to me last night that eventually we will have kids and life will be even crazier, it's just never gonna stop. As much as I can't even imagine that, he's right!
I am so excited for Scott to graduate this weekend, I'm so proud of him! He picked up his cap and gown today and I just wished so much it was mine! Props to him for working so hard, and man, he's got quite the journey ahead of him (and here I am complaining of stress). He's awesome.
Well it's gonna be a fun weekend. We are going to go to Rodizzio Grill for lunch on Friday with Scott's parents for his graduation (thanks guys!) and then enjoy the day! Hopefully we can get some good sunshine in before H@*% starts next week. Oh ya, (Remember Teddy....enjoy the journey)!

5 comments:

M said...

You're so cute! It is true though, life just gets crazier and if you don't enjoy the journey, you will look back and wished that you hadn't missed so much because you were too busy looking ahead. (and yes, kids make life even CRAZIER!) Every now and then you just have to stop and be the tourist of your own life. Good luck with this next semester, I hope you don't get over stressed! We will be coming up hopefully soon (like later this month) to go to the zoo! I'll let ya know! Love ya!

Erica said...

I have to tell myself that phrase everyday. Life just gets too crazy sometimes! I am so excited for you and Scott. I remember when TJ graduated and I was just so proud of him. I was the wife on the front row making him look at me while I took pictures! You guys are great!

Brent J and Erin Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent J and Erin Clark said...

Hey Teddy! I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. You always write the most interesting and funny stories. They make me smile. You seem so happy in your life and I am so happy for you! Your cute mom is right. Just enjoy the journey. It goes by so fast. I have already been married over 3 years!!! It just flew by!! Anyway, hope all is well! -Erin Clark (Holman) :)

Dave and Britt said...

Yeah for Scotty!!! Thats huge! Congratulate him from us. I liked your thoughts on enjoying the journey, cuz your right, I don't think life ever slows down. It was a good reminder for me.