Monday, May 2, 2011

Yumminess

We've made this 2 nights in a row now. Yum yum!
Mango Quinoa Salad

2 cups cooked quinoa (at room temperature or cold)
1 diced mango
1 handful chopped cilantro
1 15-ounce can black beans
1 red bell pepper, chopped
6 green onions, thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice

*I added salt, pepper, and some garlic powder as I thought it needed some definite seasoning. Do what you like to it as far as seasonings go.

Instructions
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil and lime juice. Combine everything else in a big bowl. Drizzle liquid mixture over the salad, and toss until well combined. Chill for about an hour.

We've grilled the last 2 nights and served it with chicken and last night a yummy grilled turkey tenderloin. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Heather said...

FOR SURE making this! Wow, wow, wow, wow. My favorite things.... black beans yes, cilantro YES, Bell Peppers YES YES YES! You have the best recipes Teddy. I am so excited to try this. Thanks for sharing. You feed your man so well.
*I have never cooked quinoa, always wanted to try it. You are so healthy and cool Teddy - you cook with Quinoa, rad!

Natalie said...

This looks delicious! I am on a quinoa kick lately and am always looking for more recipes to use it in. Thanks for sharing :)

abby o said...

Whoah. And mangoes are 69 cents right now! I better stock up. That looks delectable.

Shiree said...

Oh, I'll have to make this, too!

Kris Hewitt said...

We tried this recipe too. And loved it!

jane said...

that salad looks awesome!

meant to tell you i made the bbq pork sandwiches you posted also.

thx for your recipe suggestions:)

Perry's said...

That does look good, thanks for sharing can't wait to try it!!

Linda said...

Hey Teddy, I just found your blog through Shawni's blog and zipped through your life! Jane is adorable and how fun it was to catch up! When you come home let us know so we can get together. Charity will be home from June 20-August 20 so let us know if you happen to be here any of that time (although we're at Bear Lake for all of August).

Hugs and kisses to the Elder family!

Ryan said...

Okay teds making the salad tonight, do I cut up six little green onion stems or six bushels of green onion?

The iron man photos were so great! You are so beautiful!