Friday night we met up with my step dad Monty and Marty & Kelly for dinner. We went to a place called the Big Bowl. I thought it was delicious but Scott disagreed. He said his dish had way too many peanuts in it, that's all he ate. But I had a tofu pad thai that was so yummy!And just to top off that night as if we hadn't already indulged enough we went to Ghirardelli with my dad. It was like a dream come true for Scott. He could not decide for the life of him which fancy sundae to get. He finally went with The Domingo! I had a chocolate shake that was to die for and my dad got a pumpkin spice hot chocolate. Yum yum!
Then there was the game. Oh the game. We headed out early to South Bend, Indiana to watch the Utes play a great football game and take in the experience of being at Notre Dame. What a neat campus! I can't beautiful how beautiful it was and everyone was so incredibly kind and classy. We hung out for a few hours there with everyone (there were tons of Utah fans there, we basically took over Chicago! It was like they were everywhere you went)! We ate hamburgers and went in the beautiful churches and watched the Notre Dame team come out of Mass and cheered them on as they walked in their suits towards the stadium to suit up. We must have cheered them on a little too much danget!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Chicago!
I have wanted to go to Chicago for the longest time and this past weekend my wish was finally granted! Some of my family was heading out there to watch the Utah vs. Notre Dame game and we were so graciously invited. We couldn't pass up the opportunity.


But then the horror began. The problem is the Utes didn't seem to show up for the game! It was chilly and started to pour just as we were walking into the stadium. Jane and I tried to hack it with lots of coats and ponchos but she just wouldn't have it. I went out into the hall where we were covered and watched the game for awhile. This sweet man came over to me and said to come down to the First Aid room and watch it in the heat on TV and I could sip some hot chocolate and nurse Jane. Deal! I went for it! We went back up into the stands for the 4th quarter when it stopped raining but unfortunately the Utes were getting creamed! It was still a blast though.
Jane was a champ through it all (as always) but was spent. We were so exhausted when we got back to the hotel that we rented a movie and ordered room service. Great way to end the trip. I loved Chicago. I needed one more day there.The buildings and the architecture was so beautiful and it had such a great feel to it. I can't wait to go back someday soon! Thanks dad!!!
Jane and I took off on Thursday to meet everyone and boy did we have a blast! The first night we headed to a fancy steakhouse where I was a little out of my comfort zone, but boy did we enjoy it! It is one of the top rated steakhouses in the world, David Burke's Primehouse. What a treat it was! I just felt way too guilty getting a $70 steak so I went with the $30 salmon! I hate to say it but my broiled salmon at home with my lemon & herb sprinkled on top is just as yummy!
They started us out with these amazing cheese popover rolls that were to die for! They serve them in a 1 cup measuring cup and they were SO delicious. I could have eaten 10 of them. Our dessert was this "lollipop" tree of cheesecake bites. They looked like suckers and were served with whipped cream and fresh raspberries!
Scott had a test Friday morning he couldn't get out of so he ventured out to meet us later on Friday. Since it was just my dad and I, everyone thought he was Jane's dad! He kept correcting people saying, "No, I'm just grandpa!" but after so long he just smiled and said, "Thanks!" I'll tell ya, it's different there. In Utah (or where we live here in Omaha around so many students) a baby is just so normal but there I can't tell you how many people went goo goo over the fact that we had a baby. I got stopped at least 30 times so people could look at Jane and ask how old she was, etc. I couldn't believe it! We were like celebrities! Jane had so much fun with her grandpa.
Friday we all went to this fabulous breakfast place called the West Egg Cafe! It was so delicious. Breakfast is my most favorite meal to eat out.
We spent the rest of the day shopping on Michigan Ave which was a DREAM I tell you. We were just one block away so it was so fun to be staying down where all the action was! I didn't take one picture that day, I guess I was too busy shopping! Jane was an angel though and slept in her stroller the whole time! I was in heaven at H&M, a GAP that was 3 floors, Forever, 21, you name it! And the best part of all....I only spent 5 bucks! (I know, I am so proud of myself too).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun trip! Those pictures are priceless. It looks like you guys had a great trip. I'm sad we couldn't be there with you guys! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Janey is such a good baby. my kids would've never been good through all that you did. Lucky you! Love you tons!
Dang it - I think I walked right past you outside the stadium. I don't the name of the girl you have your arm wrapped around in one of the photos you posted, but she looked really familiar to me as I passed by but I couldn't place her so I didn't say hi. You guys must have been standing right with her but I didn't even notice! Dang, I wanted to see cute baby Jane (and you guys, of course...) My bad.
K, absolutely loved this post. I think we share a serious passion about food. Never hesitate to blog about places you eat out at... I have found some great finds thanks to your mentioning of good food on your blog. (Texas Road House rolls... my whole family is in love we go there just to get their rolls to go! I would never have gone there without your mentioning of how much you like them!)
WOW! What a nice man, to let you come to the first aid station to nurse Jane and get out of the cold. The amount of times that I have nursed finn sitting on a toilet seat in stadiums - Not missing those days!
Love the photos - good work pulling out the camera for pics. Loved seeing your pictures.
We were in Chicago and were at the game. Too bad we never ran into you guys!
Post a Comment