Thursday, November 25, 2010

My blessings

Today I am so thankful. I woke up to a beautiful sunshiney day to a smiling baby and an although quite sick, wonderful husband. I'm so grateful to have a warm, clean house away from the bitter cold that I can turn on my Christmas tunes and whip up some hot chocolate for us to start off the day. It has been a wonderful day of being together, getting some good exercise, and cooking up a storm. I am so thankful today and wish that I could remember more often to have an attitude of gratitude.
While I was nursing Jane up in her rocking chair this morning I was thinking of all the things I am grateful for. Of course, at the top of my list is my Savior and the knowledge of the gospel. What a blessing that is in my life. Second of course comes my family. Boy am I blessed to have the greatest family in the whole world. Of course we're not a perfect family. Everybody has their struggles but the beauty is that we are there for each other and that's what brings us closer together. Isn't that truly what family is for? We're all in this together.

Here are a few more (mostly wonderful worldly) things that I am so very grateful for today:
1. the library
2. pandora
3. Red Mango frozen yogurt
4. the rocking chair in Jane's room
5. my elliptical
6. salmon filets from Costco
7. the internet
8. a cell phone
9. our little subaru that is still pulling through for us
10. pomogranite Edy's popsicles
11. wonderful friends
12. Omaha
13. the mountains
14. temples
15. a piano in my living room
16. my jogging stroller
17. my husband
18. hot chocolate
19. sunshine
20. baby Jane's smile
21. Honey Bunches of Oats, Oatmeal Squares, & Honey Nut Shredded Wheat
22. washer and dyer
23. my scentsy
24. my California King size bed
25. the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, and pie that I'm about to partake of very soon.

But this is by far the greatest blessing of all. Never could've imagined I'd love being a mother this much.

4 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

I'm thankful for your cute post! It's so true how the little things make us so happy. I cannot wait to meet Baby Jane!!!

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Love your post Teddy and the pictures. I can't wait to squish little Jane's cheeks. Thanks for helping me reflect on my own blessings.

Jade said...

you are the cutest little family! I love your pictures so much! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Heather said...

Teddy,

I can't believe how beautiful your little girl is. WOW! Quite striking - you are such a great mom. It will be so fun watching her grow up, even if it is just through the blog.