Monday, August 2, 2010

Baby Update

I thought maybe it would be good to give a little baby update since I haven't in awhile. Okay so here's the scoop:

Baby J is still breech. Dang that little gal, we've been praying for her to turn and as of today, no luck yet. I already knew going into the Dr. today that nothing had changed as I can feel her head right under my you-know-whats. She is straight up and down, feet down at the bottom. Not to be graphic, but I had a pelvic exam today and when the Dr. reached up there she said she felt her feet and she thought one of her knees as well. That was crazy to me! I couldn't believe she just touched her, I am so jealous! She said, "Yep! She is definitely breech and you're dilated to a 3." I've been kind of bummed the last few weeks knowing that she was still breech and hadn't turned. It's not the end of the world and I know there's still a chance that she could turn. I just feel like she would've turned by now and just my instinct is telling me that she's tried and she just can't. And I have a feeling she's just too big to be doing somersaults in there anymore. But we'll keep praying and crossing our fingers that maybe she'll turn. Scott just keeps telling me it's not the end of the world if I have to have a C-section. Let me just explain this though, my whole life I've thought about delivering a baby. Just going through that whole experience, pushing, holding my sweet husband's hand while he gets me through it, just that whole "high" of childbirth ya know? And it's just weird to think that I'm not going to have that with this one (most likely). The good news is I have an ultrasound next week and if she hasn't turned we're gonna schedule the c-section for 39 weeks which I'm great with. I'm totally ready for this little gal to come. I keep having dreams of having her and then I wake up and see my tummy and am instantly reminded that sure enough, she's definitely not here yet. But that means we're most likely having a baby THIS MONTH! That's crazy! Anyway, sorry for my venting. The bottom line is I know Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and if little Baby J doesn't turn, it must be for a reason. All I have to say is that I'm just so grateful I'm not a pioneer woman because that would be a lot more to stress over having a "feet first" baby. I am so blessed and I am SO GRATEFUL to have a healthy baby, no matter how she comes it's going to be amazing. I have also been so lucky throughout this whole pregnancy. Yeah, the first couple months were awful with being sick but other than that I've been so healthy and felt so great. I am still able to exercise and carry on with a normal schedule, nothing really holding me back. I feel so lucky. Let's do this though! 35 1/2 weeks down, 3 1/2 to go!!! Wooohooo!!!!

12 comments:

Erica said...

you can do it teds! i know how you feel about the c-section thing. i had the same idea in my head. but when it came down to Owen's health, i knew the c-section would be for the best. & the great thing is if i want to have my next baby vaginally, i totally can! so keep your head up. if you have to do a c-section this time, maybe next baby?!!
good luck my cute girl! love you lots and can't wait for her to arrive!!!

Jani said...

You are almost done. My water broke with my last baby at 25 weeks so I didnt have any fluid in there and my baby still turned. One day he was head up and the next head down. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. And are you related to all of the Eyers? I read Shawnie's blog all of the time. That family is so amazing.

Youngins said...

Teddy! I cant believe it is already here! Man i wish you the best of luck! I so wish i could be there to see my first friends from jr high school have a baby!!!! You'll do great and the lord really is watching over you! Love you and cant wait to see how beautiful she is!

Trent and Whit said...

Grant was breech. I didn't want to have a c-section either--I had Abby Carrier talk me through it. However, the doctor did a procedure where they turned the baby called an external version(basically just pushed dang hard on the outside of my tummy until the little guy could turn around). It hurt like a mother but I was able to deliver him "normally" and avoid the c-section. You could check to see if your doc(or any docs in the area) do them. Good luck!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents!!!!

Kris Hewitt said...

Teddy I totally know how you feel about having a c-section. I ended up having to have an emergency c-section. And I am so grateful that Grant is healthy. If you have any questions just give me a call anytime. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Keri Cannon said...

OH my goodness! You need to call me! I'm glad I got the update through your blog though. Csections aren't that bad...at least your baby will come out perfect looking (babies can get pretty beat up in the canal) and you can totally do a vback on your next one. Both my babes were breech too and it is best to come out the other way :) I'm so excited for you! I"m praying you have the baby this month b/c then our kids might be in the same grade in school. Yay!! Love you so much!

Heather said...

You sound like you have a really good O.B. So much better having the C-section scheduled than having to labor 18 hours and then have one - like me. It's so stressful seeing their little hear rates struggle - you don't want to risk anything.

So excited for you!! What an exciting time.

Jade said...

oh teddy bear! being pregnant is a whil wind of emotions...you have so many expectations about giving birth and it never goes as planned! consider it a sign of things to come...haha being a mom is the most amazing thing in the world but it is definately not textbook! so many ups and down but trust me you will love every minute of it...i know i do!

Kris and KC said...

KC was breech until the week before he was born. We went to the pool and did a lot of hand stands, it sounds weird, but we were willing to try anything. Also, we shined a flashlight on the underside of my belly and dave talked to him from the same angle because our midwife said it couldn't hurt. We scheduled an external version and then went in to find he had already turned. I hope this experience will be possitive for you. Good luck!

nicole chandler said...

You will do great either way. I wanted to push and still would love to push if we go for number 3. Even after having 2 C-sections. You have a great attitude and it will all work out. We love you guys. Can't wait to see pictures when she is here.

M said...

Teddy, 1st, go to a chiropractor, they can help with turning the baby. Also, there is something called the belly lift that is supposed to help turn the baby. I was trained in it when I took my Hypnobabies class. Go to this link and it'll tell you how to do it. http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/belly-lift.htm

Whatever happens, you will be successful! It doesn't matter how she gets here, all that matters is that she'll be here and she'll have two super happy and awesome parents! Good luck with everything Teds!

chip and bex said...

I found your blog through abby's. Good luck with everything. I'm excited for you! You'll be such a great mom! glad to hear you guys are doing well.