Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sweet Baby Jane!

JANE ADELE ELDER
Born August 17th at 2:50 PM
8 lbs. 4 oz.
20.5 inches long
August 17th at 2:50 PM Scott and I became the luckiest people in the whole entire world! Our sweet little Jane is here!!

Tuesday was just like any other day, I went into work and Scott started his first day back at school. I had a Dr.'s appointment over my lunch break and headed there. Things all looked well. Dr. Hedrick did a pelvic exam and she was feeling around "up there" for what felt like forever! She finally finished and said, "Alright Miss Teddy, so Jane's little feet are right there, BUT so is her cord. We've got to get this baby out. You're going to deliver this baby TODAY." I was shocked! I was not expecting to have a baby that day, it was nuts to even wrap my head around! Dr. Hedrick explained (in simple terms) that if my water were to break with the umbilical cord right there, it could come out and baby Jane could die (prelapsed cord). I drove straight to the hospital and checked in and Scott borrowed someone's car from school and met me there! As crazy and unexpected as it was, it was all perfect. It wasn't too rushed, I felt like everything went so smoothly. All that mattered was that Scotty was there with me and we had a healthy baby on the way.

We headed down for surgery at about 2:20 and the c-section was amazing! I hate to say it but it was easy peasy! I loved every minute of it! (not so much the night after) As soon as I got that spinal I didn't feel a thing and was completely awake and alert during the whole thing. I swear within 3 minutes they pulled little Jane out and it was so amazing. Scott was a total stud through it all. I really just had the biggest smile on my face the whole time! It was amazing.
Here I am just waiting to go down to surgery:
On our way!Getting sewed up!
Jane is a big baby! She was 8 lbs. 4 oz and has a TON of dark black hair. She is a total chunk and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. She was working just a little too hard breathing, which they say is super common with c-sections because the baby just has so much gunk in their lungs that doesn't get out like it would with a vaginal delivery. So they took her to the NICU to monitor her breathing and her blood sugar was low. Unfortunately she is still there, but she seems to be doing really well. She is breathing well and off oxygen, but they're just really monitoring her sugars. It's so hard to not have her up here with me but I know she's in great hands down there. I get to go down and visit anytime I want. I can't believe how much we love that little girl already. Aaaaaahhhhh I just love her so much. Are you ready to see some pics? I feel so bad that she has all these cords in for these pics, but she doesn't anymore and she's so beautiful! More pictures to come I promise.

More to come and updates as well. Thank you all for your love and prayers! We feel like the luckiest parents in the world. What a sweet blessing this is.

29 comments:

Caleb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caleb said...

Fantastic, guys! I love how cute/happy you are in the hospital Teddy, and I love that last picture of Scotty and Jane. Congratulations!

Brittney said...

TEDDY!!!! CONGRATS!!! What a beautiful, perfect little angel. Ahhh, seriously, so excited for you guys!

Erica said...

i'm over the moon happy for you guys!! she is SO chubby, i just want to pick her up and put her to my cheek. ohh, nothing like a new born! congrats! i am so glad things went so smooth. lucky duck! more updates & more pics!!
call me!
xoxo

Keri Cannon said...

I love her already and can't wait to meet her! CONGRATULATIONS you cute mommy and daddy! Little Jane is so lucky to have you two as parents! Love you so much

Jani said...

She is so adorable. You two looks so happy. Congratulations.

Trent and Whit said...

Congratulations you guys! Glad that everything went well. She is beautiful (I love all that hair!!! and her name is pretty awesome, too!)

Kris Hewitt said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so glad your birthing experience went smoothly. Grant had really dark hair when he was born too, but it has turned red in just a few months. Baby Jane is beautiful!

Brynn and Jesse said...

Congrats to both of you! We are super excited for you guys and I know you will be the funnest parents!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Oh, Teddy and Scott, she is beautiful!! Look at all that hair! My goodness, I'm sure you're so proud. I do have to say, as one who has gone through the NICU experience, I'm so so sorry that you have to deal with it. You sound so upbeat, and that's such a blessing. I hope she won't be in there very much longer, for all your sakes, especially when you have to go home. Good luck! If you need any advice with the NICU stuff, let us know. Keep the pictures coming!! :)

becca said...

teddy! she is so beautiful. I was so excited to see you posted on your blog because i thought there might be baby news! So happy for you and for your entrance into motherhood. it is the best blessing in the world! little jane is so so sweet...isn't it amazing how much you love her?
i am glad everything went well and it sounds like you have a great doctor! take care of yourself...and scott take care of teddy!...and give jane a love from me. :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations! She is SO beautiful!! I hope she's out of the NICU soon.

Shiree said...

What a beauty! Best of luck in your recovery and in getting that sweet thing home! Congratulations.

Katelin Pridgen said...

Oh, Teds. Jane is beautiful and so are you. Love you guy. Congrats!

abby o said...

Teddy it cracks me up that Scotty has backpack straps on in some of those pictures...I'm just imagining "honey get down here right this second I'm having a baby!!" And he just runs the whole way there without stopping to realize he's got his pack on? There's got to be another explanation.

AND, your baby is BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait for the Janes to meet.

Angela said...

Teddy! I've been blogstalking 4th ward members lately....:) That is sooooo exciting about your beautiful little girl!!! Congrats!! I'm glad everything went well w/the c-section & I hope she gets out of the nicu soon. Congrats on being a mommy!

geeno said...

you are such a champ with that positive attitude and radiant smile - i am so glad you were able to enjoy the experience so much, because it can be truly awesome. congrats to you both on welcoming that beautiful baby jane to the world! she may not know it yet, but she's lucky to have you guys as parents - you will all have so much fun!

Unknown said...

Congratulations she looks so sweet :) I hope their NICU is treating her well, wish you were here so I could be her nurse!!

Karen said...

I am going to add my two cents as well. A new baby post deserves some extra extra comments. I love the name Jane Adele. It will go so well with the beautiful child who bears it. Couldn't be happier for you and Scott!

Gabe and Abby said...

I am so so excited for you cute parents. She is gorgeous Tedds, I knew she would be! Sure do love you, can't wait to meet her!

Erica said...

OMG, she is so cute. Congrats. And wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone smile so big in a hospital before, I'm glad it was such a great experience.

Maranda said...

Yay..She's beautiful! I wish I was still there so I could meet that little chick! I'm glad everything went smoothly and that your doctor is on the ball.

Rachael F said...

Yay! Congrats you two! She is adorable. Can't wait to see her in person! PS - I love the middle name Adele!

cbleeflang said...

I am so happy for you guys and glad that everything with the c-section went smoothly. I hope that baby Jane gets out of the NICU soon and gets to come home.

Jade said...

ahhh! i love her she is a chubby mama! you are so cute with your big smile! i love her! congrats!

Heather said...

Congratulations Teddy! What wonderful news, I am so glad she made it safely. You know having her in the NICU for a while might actually end up being a really good thing in the long run, I've had friends who have had their babies in there and it's helped put them on a really good routine right from birth.

Can't wait to see more photos of Jane!

charity eyre wright said...

teddy jane!!!! congrats!!!! i am so happy for you guys! i can't wait to meet the little girl. crazy to think that what seems like yesterday we were little girls, and now you have a little girl of your own! congrats, congrats, congrats my dear girl.

alisquire said...

Congrats! She's gorgeous!

jane said...

TEDDY! OH MY WORD...JANE, WHAT A PERFECT NAME! SHE IS absolutely beautiful! I am so proud of you. How fun that you have a baby. Good luck. You will be a wonderful mother.
Love,
JANE