Just a few things:
To say the least....I hate Omaha.....in the winter. It has killed me! These freezing, negative degree temperatures, the chilly wind, and lack of sunshine has been killin' me! I have never craved warm weather, green grass, and sunshine more than I have been this last month. For the past few days it's reached 30 degrees and been blue sky and what a blessing it's been! The other day I thought I didn't even need to wear a coat to school, then I walked outside and had a rude awakening. Scott stopped and got slurpees on his way home from school yesterday to celebrate because he finished his last midterm. I was outside talking with a friend when he rolled in, and another neighbor got home from school. We were all sitting there talking outside and Scott and I were drinking our slurpees and then we all just started laughing because nobody has been outside for like 3 months just to talk. We all run from our houses to our cars as fast as we possibly can! It's like since the sun's out shining and blue sky finally, we think it's summer. But then we take a look out ourselves in our warm coats, and there's 3 feet of snow everywhere still and we realize as much as we want to believe it, even by pretending it's warm by drinking slurpees, 30 degrees is just not that warm.
I don't think I have ever loved the Olympics as much as I have this year. I have been glued to them. Wow, what amazing people. I just love all the stories, their struggles, their successes. They are all so inspirational! The Today Show did a little video yesterday with some song and all the highlights of the Olympics and there I was at the gym on the elliptical just balling! I am so inspired by them all. I am sad they are over so soon, it's been fun.
On the other hand, I've been completely wasting my time on the Bachelor. What a joke you guys. Why do I watch this crap? Every season I tell myself that I'm done and then I see the previews and commercials and I get sucked in because they make it look like it's going to be so good and it's CRAP! I can't even stand Jake anymore and I supposedly already know the ending because it's "leaked" out or whatever and if that's really the ending it makes me want to vomit. But of course I will be sucked in Monday at 7:00 even though I physically feel sick when I watch it.
We had a fabulous enrichment activity this week. A darling girl in our ward is a wonderful/healthy cook and she taught us how to make this delicious Garden Harvest Bread and healthy granola. They were delish! Yesterday I made the bread and I've just about eaten the whole loaf already. I am going to share the recipe with you because it's healthy and it's super easy. Don't be fooled by the ingredients though, it's fabulous!

Garden Harvest Bread
1 c. Flour
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. grated Granny Smith Apple (leaving skin on is great)-it was 1 whole apple for me
1/2 c. grated carrot-(about 1 whole carrot)
1/2 c. shredded zucchini-(about 1 whole zucchini)
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Comibne flour and the next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add grated apple, carrot, and zucchini to flour mixture; toss well. Combine canola oil, buttermilk, and eggs in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spoon batter into an 8x4~inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Scott's little sister Keli is getting this Friday so I get to go meet Scott and the fam in Utah on Wednesday. It will be a great time and we are so excited for Kel. Aren't they a darling couple?
The wedding is going to be beautiful I'm sure and I'm excited to spend some time with their fam. It's going to be a quick trip but I will be back the last week of March during my spring break. My dad is flying out and we're driving back to UT together. I can't wait to have him come out and to spend time with him. Then I get to go to Zions again with my mom, just the 2 of us. I am ecstatic about it. I can't wait to have her all to myself and soak in some rays together.
3 comments:
hey bachelor party at my house monday night! don't tell me the ending because i don't know yet! i swore i wasn't going to watch it, but i got sucked in too!
I am always telling people about how freaking frigid Nebraska is, and they don't believe me. I have never felt cold like I have there. Anyway, it will warm up and the birds will be singing before you know it. Love ya!
I'm so ready for spring also! Sounds like you have had it much worse! Why does the stupid bachelor suck us in? So lame! I can't wait to see you this weekend!!! Love you tons!
Post a Comment