It was a LONG drive all the way here to Omaha, but we had a wonderful time. My dad and I split it up into 2 days and did about 10 hours the first day and 4 the next. It was a crack up driving in that Penske truck and towing the Subaru. After we passed Cheyenne it was all flat after that and the truck did great! We had some great talks about life, the gospel, playing the "would you rather game", listening to music, and before we knew it we were here. Coming into town we weren't quite sure which exit to get off of for our place (we could tell the iphone was a little off with directions) so I called Scott to ask him and he couldn't remember exactly which exit # it was. He was just on his way home from school and then all of a sudden he says, "I see you on the freeway! I'm just getting on the on-ramp, I'm right behind you and I'll guide you there!" We couldn't believe it! It was the most perfect timing! It was so fun to pull up and see where we would be living for the next 3 years together. This place is wonderful! We love it!
When we arrived there were about 10 guys that just showed up to help us move. We seriously had that puppy unpacked in like 15 minutes. It was amazing, all these darling students we didn't even know were just coming out of the woodwork to help. This place where we live is truly amazing. The people here are so much fun and so great.
Here's dad and I before the long drive began!

Dad driving the big rig. And notice all the flat land in the background?!
This is when we had just arrived and were about to start unloading the truck! That puppy was jam packed full! Couldn't have had it be another foot smaller, it was the perfect size!
Scott and I's first picture in front of our new home! We love it!
And the first piece of furniture carried over the threshold! A kitchen chair!
And then the long journey of unpacking began......
2 comments:
I'm so glad you got there safely! what a great dad! good luck on your new journey! i'm so excited for you guys!
oohhhhh the jealousy is creeping out of me. man oh man, i wish i was just starting all over again. have so much fun and live up every single moment. i can't wait to hear all the fun details of what is to come!
love you
Post a Comment