Monday, May 11, 2009

Woohoo

On Friday I walked for graduation. I wasn't going to do it, there are many other things I thought I'd rather be doing, but many people talked me into it and I am very glad I did. It brought closure to actually being done with school! I didn't decide to walk until just a couple of days before Friday and so I didn't have a cap & gown, tassle, or any info on graduation (I had been deleting all the emails!). But we pulled it together! I saved Scott's cap and gown from last year and thanks to his wonderful mom, we made it work! We did some major hemming and sewing the night before and it turned out great, nobody would ever know the gown was size 6'4"-6'6"! Ah, the things we do to save money!
It was such a fun day and we enjoyed a fabulous lunch afterwards with all the family at Sawadee, my very favorite Thai place!
More pics to come......

6 comments:

Erica said...

oh my cute teds. i am SO proud of you! good job and congrats!

M said...

yay!!!!!!! congrats!

Kate said...

Yeah I wasn't going to walk either until my dad told me he was driving out from Nebraska for it. So I decided to walk, and I was SUPER glad I did. It really brought it all into perspective and made me realize what an accomplishment it truly was. I hope things are going well for you!! AND CONGRATS!!! YOU DID IT!

Katelin Pridgen said...

Ted, call me a creepster, but I LOVE that pic of you and Scotty kissing. I'm not a big kissy-picture kind of girl, but that one is gold. You are gorgeous. Congrats!

Karen said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Why do I just love it when the girls get the degree???? I am proud of you and you will be happy your whole life you have those little letters behind your name when the bottles and diapers have taken over your life

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Way to go Teddy! You are amazing in so many ways and this is just one of them. We are so proud of you.