On Wednesday I had a very special opportunity. My aunt Karen (a.k.a Aunti K) is a wonderful and very talented quilter. For years I have wanted to have her come and teach me some of her talent. So on Wednesday her, my mom, and I met up at my mom's house and had a wonderful day full of sewing and a delicious lunch! The best part was being with Aunti K and my mom all day, they are such darling sisters and it's so fun to see all their similarities. More than anything, they are so wise and gave me lots of good advice for moving away.
So we made "minkies" (very, very soft blankets) and they are so darling. I couldn't decide on my fabric because they were all so darling! I learned a lot and am going to start saving for my own sewing machine. Within 10 minutes I was addicted!





And our finished products!!!!

Thanks Aunti K for taking the time and for a wonderful day! Sure love you!
5 comments:
oh my goodness what fun what FUN! I'm so glad you got to do that, sewing with girls I love is one of my favorite things. I LOVE your orange flower fabric Teddy! Good choice.
WOW! I made the big screen.... Teddy's blog. What a fun day I had with two of my favorite people. I hope you love your blankees. I love my girls. Happy travels Teddy and Scott.... see you at RAGBRAI!!!!
I second the first comment - i wish i could've been there for that hay day - what a blast!
So cute!! We WILL have a sewing party of our own... someday.
I want to learn!!!! I wish I could've been there. I will have to have your mom teach me. I think a day with Karen and Eileen would be so much fun. They are the best to be around! (and you of course!) Miss you so much...you need to post pic's of your new place. xoxoxo
Post a Comment