So on Sunday after our dinner up there Scott talked me into driving by the course and just looking for some balls along the street for "5 minutes max". So I agreed. We're walking along the street and not finding too many. Scott looks down to "his pond" where we normally get all our balls and it was drained. But vaguely in the distance he sees someone in the middle of it! So he says, "Come on! Let's go down there!" So he starts sprinting down there and I mosey on down. Sure enough, there is a guy in the middle of the mucky pond, in his fishing waiters, throwing out tons of golf balls to his girlfriend by the handful!
We start making conversation with them and tell them we love to hunt for golf balls too and before ya know it......
There's Scott in this guy's waiters fishing for balls. And boy did he find some alright!
We took them home to clean them all up. The guy at the pond gave us a new tip saying hot water with salt was the key to getting them clean and it worked great!
Now Scott's got his golf balls for the year! The things we do for free stuff....It's great being on a budget, life would be boring if we weren't!
3 comments:
lol! i LOVE stories like that! so awesome!
You guys do the craziest/funnest things! I love it!
oh my word that is SO funny. mind if I ask, why bike shorts to go diving in? I had some friends in college that would come borrow my drysuit all the time and go down to the ponds in the middle of the night with masks and collect hundreds. Then we'd take them up in the mountains or out in a field and just hit balls for hours. Sorry, squirrels and farmers who had to deal with all those balls later.
Post a Comment