Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RAGBRAI

I am starting my life out in the midwest with a BANG!RAGBRAI (register's annual great bike race across Iowa)! That's right folks, 480 miles ----7 days!!! What better way to get to know the midwest than to ride your bike through an entire state out there?! I am so excited to do this race with my darling cousin Abby (and some other awesome peeps)!

The ride starts 9 minutes from our new place in Omaha (thanks mapquest) and ends in Abby's little town, Burlington Iowa! It's just working out all too perfectly. We ride anywhere from 60-80 miles a day and camp at night. I've been reading a ton about this race and it sounds like such a blast. They've been doing it for 37 years and the thing sounds like such a kick! I'm stoked!

Time to get my batootie in shape! RAGBRAI here we come!

(Now we just need to make sure we get through the lottery pick, that would be sad. And please job, whatever you are when it's the last week in July, please let me have the time off. Please, I beg you. Because I just paid $140 to do this.)

4 comments:

abby o said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! I'm hyperventilating for the 18the time in the last 2 days...still can't believe it...cannot WAIT to burn enough calories to hit every burger and ice cream stand from here to Omaha!!!

Brittney said...

Oh I am soooo jealous, yup, turning green, no doubt about it.

M said...

HOLY COW! you're amazing.

Heather said...

haha! Teddy you make me laugh. Don't worry, I am sure you will be able to get work off, you hard worker!

That's great news about your bike race. How amazing it's all falling together perfectly!