Thursday, March 5, 2009

more of our daily life

Okay first things first.....THE BACHELOR.
Eeeeew!!! I am SO bugged with all this. Yeah, I watch it okay? Deal with it! If you don't watch it, feel free to scroll on down to the next matter of business.

But people who can relate with me, aren't you so bugged with Jason? Ugh! I was so happy that he picked Melissa (Jillian would've been my 1st choice of course, but that obviously wasn't an option) and then he goes and blows it. Since the very beginning I have thought Jason was just darling.... totally loved him. Well now I can't stand him. We (and I say "we" because yep, I talked Scott into watching it with us) watched the whole 3 hour finale thing and by the end I couldn't even watch it anymore. It made me sick. What made me the most sick was that he did it all (broke up with Melissa and told her he was in love with Molly) on national television. Who does that? Why couldn't he just be like all the other bachelor peeps and break up outside of the media? Ugh, that was so low. Poor Melissa. And then Molly totally knew what was going on when they brought her out. So ridiculous.

So after all the drama I was 100% completely done with this crap and then they have to announce that JILLIAN (my girl) is the next Bachelorette! Halelujah, love her! So I'm hooked. Already. It doesn't start until May 18th but hey, it will give me something to do on my first lonely nights in Omaha. Go Jillian!
Isn't she so cute?


Speaking of Omaha, it's really coming. The penske truck is reserved. Holy moly! It's been a total pain with how things have worked out....We can't move into our place now until June 1st. Problem is, Scott starts school on May 26th. So.....he's just gonna go ahead and drive on out by himself and then I will come out a week later with my dad driving the Penske truck and towing the subaru. What an adventure! So Scott's just going to bum off a fellow student for a week (thanks Tire's, so sorry!)


I went my whole "college career", without ever having to use Power Point. Isn't that impressive? I avoided it well. Whenever I had group projects, I was just never the one to volunteer to do the "power point" part. So danget, in my last semester I had this huge project for some nutrition graduate class I have (that's a whole other story how I got talked in to taking that sucker) and we had to do this thing on our OWN. So all semester I've been freaking out about this project, crying over it, stressing over it, you name it. Turns out power point was easy as pie! What a waste of time I spent worrying about that. The actual project itself totally. . . . sucked, it was on a dietary supplement and mine was Proactol. You can ask me anything about that dang supplement and I can answer your question. We had to do tons of research, find how it scientifically worked, published journal articles on it, you name it and put it into a power point presentation and write a paper on it. Well I survived it. It's over, thank the heaven's above. It took me 10.5 hours to finish it on Monday. I am so relieved and can move on with life! As far as Proactol goes though, interesting stuff. A great way to cheat and lose weight if you are willing to spend a whoppin' $100 a month on the crap.


Last thing, so I start a yoga class next week. Never done it before. I'm freakin' out a little because I am the least flexible person around. Do I have to be flexible to survive? I'm gonna look like a complete retard trying to twist into a pretzel. Any tips you yoga-ers have? Does it really help with your stress?

9 comments:

Erica said...

I love your little updates! So cute!! 1. I LOVE Jillian too. I was going to be done with the Bach, but then was too excited that she will be the next girl! Can't wait. 2. Don't be scared one bit to move. It WILL be an adjustment and you will feel sad, but I promise it will be fantastic! You will never for one minute regret it. I promise. (You can always call me if you need me, been there, done that!) 3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Yoga. I usually try to do it a couple times a week and mix in some Pilates as well. It will take some time to get flexible but try not to worry about it. It helps my stress SO much. It's not biking crazy miles like you do, but I think you'll really love it. Okay, I just wrote a ton... sorry. I love you LOTS LOTS LOTS!!!

Anonymous said...

Tedy, I'm so not flexible either. I started a yoga class at 5am and absolutely love it. It took me a fw times to feel comfortable because I was and am a newbee, but it is SO dang relaxing. I hope you really enjoy it.

Heather said...

Teddy, I am so glad you posted about the Bachelor. Now, I don't watch the entire season but I have seen like three episodes. I was so worked up over his break up, I felt so bad for the girl. I loved her honesty, she said, " I wish you would've just picked Molly at the end of the show!" Seriously, you idiot! So on abc news, they did an interview with the host about his reaction to the show - and I really appreciated his comments. I guess Jason to "People" that he was "forced to break up with her on tv, I had no choice, it was in my contract." The host said, seriously this is not the soviet union, you aren't FORCED to do anything. Some people ask for more time, others pick no one, others just give friendship rings. That idiot, so selfish. That's all I kept thinking, how incredibly selfish he was.

Good luck with your move coming up. How exciting!

Linsey said...

It sounds ridiculous, but I could not go to sleep after the Bachelor Finale. I watched most of it in fast forward, but I think that guy has some serious mental issues. His baby momma must have screwed him up. He kept saying you have to follow your heart. Does that include after you have made a commitment to someone? After you are married? Melissa is better off without him.
I am going to miss you when you leave. You will have to keep your blog up!

Natalie said...

I was totally bugged by the Bachelor too but apparently they made him break up with Melissa on the show. He really didn't want to do it publicly but it was part of his contract. That makes him a little less jerky I guess :) I agree that Jillian is the best. I love her!!!

Shiree said...

Your Omaha adventures will start out adventurous, won't they!?! It's a good thing you know everything about proactol, or whatever. That will serve you well, won't it? As for yoga, it's fabulous. You get to know your body more and in different ways than you probably ever have. You can really tailor it to whatever your level is and it is super awesome for relaxing. It'll be fun. I need to invite you to my blog. e-mail me at shireemartin@gmail.com if you're interested!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo with you on the Bachelor! Nick watches it with me too and I was so disappointed after sitting for 3 flipping hours through the finale! I loved Jillian too and am super excited she is the next one. I was ready to boycott the show forever until they announced that. LOL. Oh, and I am not flexible either. Yoga is fun and I do it once a week, but you have to be in the right mind set to do it - this is coming from someone who teaches spin and step (totally different mind set). P.S. still not flexible.

abby o said...

alright, before you forget, you better fill me in on Proactol. My baby is almost 4 and I'm still blaming my fat belt on him. (Hey, I work out, it's got to be his fault, right?!?) I'm serious. Let's get the power point presentation.

Jason and Laura said...

Teddy.. you're too funny... I've been so bugged by the Bachelor too and I only watched the last one! :) Also... you don't really have to be too flexible to do Yoga. :)