Monday, September 8, 2008

Campout!

On Friday we went camping up at Albion Basin (Alta). It's gorgeous up there. While up there I kept thinking how lucky we are to have such a beautiful place literally right in our backyard. If I were to come here from out of state and see such a miraculous site, I would think it was the neatest place I've ever seen. I totally take it for granted. But man, it was sure COLD. It got down to about 30 degrees. When packing up our clothes I was laughing at myself for packing long underwear and my down jacket but boy was I thankful I had all my warm clothes because we froze! When you stepped away from that fire, you were runnin' right back!

Scott's very best friend from St. Louis, Caleb and his wife Cassie and their little boy Coop came with us. They are great! They've been gone for the summer so it was fun to finally get back together and catch up. After a long, cold night's sleep we woke up and ate breakfast and then went hiking up to Cecret Lake. I think that's the last of the camping we'll do in the mountains this year! It's getting too cold!

Stayin' warm by the fire

Scott & Caleb eating their smores


Caleb, Cassie, and little Coop

Scott catching salamanders in the lake!


How lucky are we? Look how beautiful that scenery is! I'm going to miss these mountains.

5 comments:

abby o said...

yes you will Teddy, more than you know. Just don't TELL the midwesterners that, they take it kinda personal.

Jani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jani said...

I love looking at your blog. You look so happy and you guys are always doing such fun stuff.

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

What a fun little camping trip! I wish we were around to camp with you guys. :(

Keri Cannon said...

How fun Teds! I love that you guys went camping. WE SO NEED TO GO TOGETHER! love ya