Friday, September 26, 2008

An Inspiration

It is Friday (my day off of school and work), my day to get everything cleaned and run errands, study, but I have done nothing all day but sit and read this incredible book. I have not been able to put this book down, you guys have got to read it. It is the most amazing story of a beautiful girl from Rwanda and her experience and survival story of the genocide that happened in 1993. I will forever be inspired by this woman and will never forget this story. It is truly a miracle that Immaculee is alive, I know that God spared her life so that she could share her story with others like you and I. And believe me, he spared her life.
I promise you, it won't let you down. It will change your life forever. She was on 60 minutes and I'm gonna put a link so you can watch the clip (even though I don't want to ruin the story), but you can just get a glimpse of what she went through. If you're serious about reading it, maybe don't even watch the clip so it's a complete surprise. But even if you do watch the clip first, the book is what is amazing.
http://www.immaculee.com/

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I can't wait to read it.

Brittney said...

Also....if you like books like this you should read, They poured fire on us from the sky: The story of three lost boys from Sudan. Its a good one :)

Natalie said...

I have been wanting to read that! It's on my list. I am glad to hear you liked it.