Last night we had the opportunity to go and see James Taylor in concert out at the Usana Amphitheatre. It was great. I'm not the biggest fan of concerts. I have a hard time with all the people, and I hate that you have to be so full of energy, up and dancing and singing the whole time when really you just want nothing more than to sit and listen. This is why I love Usana. You can throw a blanket and some pillows down on the grass and sit, listen and relax. I love James Taylor. He brings back so many memories as a child. When I told some people at my work I was going they laughed at me. They kept saying, "You're way too young to even know who James Taylor is!" Come on now, I'm not 15. I'm not the average girl my age when it comes to music though. I do like most everything, but my station is oldies 94.1. I love oldies. I prefer something like James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Elton John, the Cars, Billy Joel, etc. That stuff's the best. I will scan through the other radio stations during commercials but have lately given up on them when now playing on every single station I swear is "I kissed a girl and I liked it". Okay seriously? What is this world coming to? I couldn't believe it when I heard that song, and the sad thing is that it's catchy! Lyrics: I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick on my lips, etc. (and it's a girl singing for those of you who haven't heard it). It makes me sick and it's on like every station. Anyway, my point: James Taylor is awesome and the concert last night was great. We splurged the purchase of the tickets for our anniversary present. I turned to Scott when "Fire and Rain" was playing (cheesy I know) and said, "Happy Anniversary babe." He said, "Yeah, 3 years, that's crazy!" I said, "Actually two babe." We busted out laughing. Totally ruined my romantic moment! Aren't guys great?
Here's just a few pics from the concert:


P.S. Joe is doing great after his surgery. He's home and just watching lots and lots of movies and taking lots and lots of pain meds! I hope he can recover fast. Such a cute kid.
15 comments:
Wow you're fast! I was just reading the rest of the posts and now there's a new one!
Okay, have to say...saw James Taylor years ago and LOVED him...so glad you got to go. AND I HATE that kissed a girl song! I heard it 3 or 4 times before I realized it was a girl singing, and I was like, ewww. Really?!? Should I write the radio stations and TELL them how sick that is? Maybe they haven't figured out it's a girl...Thanks for pointing out how LAME it is!
I hate that song too! Its the only thing - besides lame comercials - that get me to switch stations. And I agree....while I'm not going to make my blog include every aspect of my life - I include the stuff that's most important. Its the best "journaling" I've ever done!
I like your blog and I like reading it too!
LOL!!!! well, i think you and i are on the same page as far as music taste is concerned...personally, i like to refer to people like us as "cultured" ;) but honestly, i feel like throwing up every time i hear that stupid song on the radio (you know which one i'm talking about). Happy Anniversary! And yeah, guys are hilareous...i swear Dave thinks we've been married for 5 years and that cruise is 6 months old. LOL! okay, not that bad, but i always have to remind him. :)
Yes, I just love how boys can't keep track of things!! You two are so stinkin' cute!
Teddy just wanted to say hi and happy anniversary too. You guys are such a darling couple whether it's two or three or forty-nine years! It looks like a good summer.
Oh, and about Joe...I'm SO glad he's ok and that they figured that out before the mission. Kinda scary! Hope the recovery is quick.
Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome! :-) And I have to say that I love my Cat Stevens CD!
haha sorry about deleting... I had some spelling errors.
You guys are so cute! We MISS YOU. By the way, I love James Taylor so I would never make fun! I'm so jealous you got to go. In fact my parents went to that concert too and when he was doing "Sweet Baby James" my dad called me and said "This one's for you, princess" and let me listen to the whole song. I'm extremely homesick as it is so I pretty much cried through the whole thing. That song always reminds my dad of me and me of my dad. haha So yes, I love James Taylor! :)
And my final comment is... ya gotta love the non-sentimental men in our lives. Sounds like something my man would've said too. haha Tell Scott HI!
I was at that concert!! We weren't on the lawn, but I wish we could have met up. I almost cried I love Jimmy T so much. They made fun of me too so don't worry...there is another 20-something out there with a thing for the GREAT JT!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!! Happy (LATE) Anniversary!!
I saw him a couple of years ago. Isn't he the best? That is so something Dave would say! He forgot how old I was the other day, it's a guy thing. Is Scott getting excited to start school? Do they do the white coat ceremony with the med school class?
Cute blog you two! It was great to see you today. Here's our .mac account. http://web.mac.com/ryananadheather
Love you guys,
Heather Brockbank Miller
Hi Teddy and Scotty,
I have responded to your second comment at AdSense and Blogger FAQ
Post a Comment