Sunday, August 24, 2008

Goodbye summer is all I have to say. School is starting tomorrow and a new chapter in our life is beginning, most especially for Scott. Dental school has begun! He has had orientation all last week, but tomorrow the 'butt kickin' is about to begin. It's gonna be great though. He's already got his schedule all planned out: In bed by 10:30 every night and up at 6 so he can go study for 2 hours before class begins. This way he won't have to study so long after classes are over and we can have some nights together. I'm proud of the kid. We had a dinner at the Lion House this week with all ten of the dental students in his program and their spouses. It was fun to meet everyone that we will be moving out to Creighton with in May. Everyone seemed so nice and it's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm so excited! I talked to my good friend Liz who just got out there and she couldn't say enough about how much she loved Omaha. It's gonna be great!

I'm totally dreading school starting. I don't know, usually I'm ansy for it to start after the summer, but since I took classes all summer, I feel like summer just started. I've got a great schedule though: Statistics (which I've put off for 3 years and finally decided just to bite the bullett), a nutrition class, geography, a music class, diversity and health, and the best 2 classes are golf (I'm gonna get that ball to go straight) and cycling. I'm so excited for the cycling class because it doesn't start till the end of October which is just about when the biking outside will end and so I can stay in shape throughout the winter. And speaking of schedules, the best news of all, I worked my LAST night shift this week. I am officially changed to days at work! My new schedule is Tuesday and Thursday 7am to 7pm and then Saturdays 5pm to 1am. It took 2 years to finally get to days! Woohoo is all I have to say about that.
More great news: we got a new couch! My cute grandma called me up and told me the great news that she wanted us to have it. If you don't know my grandma, she has beautiful taste. I wish I could inherit her whole house because everything in it is fabulous. We were thrilled to get it. We couldn't get the dang thing in the door, or in the windows so we had to call maintenance to come remove all of our windows for $25. Worth it. It is so nice to have a nice couch. Do ya like?
My poor dad threw his back out a few weeks ago. He's been in so much pain and it's been getting worse and worse. He's been having days where he's just had to lie flat all day and work from home on his computer. Poor guy. The pain finally got so bad the other night he went to the emergency room and they did an MRI. He's got 3 ruptured discs and one is bulging right into his spine. He's gonna have to get surgery. This will be surgery #3 on his back. I feel so bad for the guy. He isn't able to go or do hardly anything, he is in so much pain. It's gonna be so hard for him b/c he is such an active guy running marathons, biking, training for the iron man, coaching my little brothers football team, and now he can't do anything, at least for quite awhile. My heart's just breaking for him.

Now the best news yet.....my best best best friend in the whole world Abby got engaged yesterday. I am just thrilled for her. Gabe proposed at the Bees game up on the screen! He definitely did the whole shebang and made it a wonderful night for her! How he pulled it off I don't even know where to begin, what a job! Way to go buddy! They are so happy, and I couldn't be happier for the girl. Aren't they a beautiful couple?Life just keeps getting better and better. It's not getting any easier, harder if anything, but it's the little things that happen everyday that I've come to recognize that make each day a great one. I'm excited for what lies ahead of us. I'm so thrilled for Scott that dental school is finally here. It's like there's finally light at the end of the tunnel and all his hard work has paid off (to do more hard work). I couldn't be happier that this is the last time I will ever have to go back to school in the fall! Two more semesters to go! We will keep you updated on our adventures. Till next time!

2 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I love how upbeat your posts are! I still have all that statistic stuff if you want it! I can come drop it off to you if you want. Just let me know!

Brittney said...

Hurray for no more night shifts!!! Working days has made such a difference for Dave. He enjoys life a lot more now :) Ok, and your apartment...simply adorable! Good luck to you and Scott as you start school!

Also, I need to hit you up for a favor. When you are at work next will you please go vote for Howie and cross off a couple of Stanley's votes. You know...in the cutest pet competition :)