Monday, August 18, 2008

Well we are back from San Diego, danget! It was such a fun week we had with Scott's family. We stayed in a beach house at Mission Beach and I tell ya, life just doesn't get much better than that. We pretty much just beached it all day every day (except for one day of shopping when it was real cloudy). Here is what our trip consisted of:

GREAT FOOD! We mostly cooked at home and it worked out great. Scott and I were in charge of dinner on Monday night and we made these delicious bacon wrapped chicken skewers with steak and fresh veggies too! We barbequed them up, and cooked some green beans in tinfoil in the grill, along with some baked potatoes. Mmmmmm, so dang good! We went out to eat once with his sisters to a great pizza place Filipos too.




YOGURTLAND! Best thing I've found yet in my life (desert wise). You guys, I went nuts over this place. Everyone else loved it, but I was a little obsessed. They have about 15 different flavors. They were all good (I sampled almost all of them) but they had my favorite flavors...tart. They had original tart, blueberry tart, and kiwi tart. So dang good you guys, I can't even tell you. After we discovered it on Wednesday (such a shame we didn't discover it till then) we went every night after dinner. Of course we were always stuffed from our dinners and so the rest of the family just got a little bit, but I filled mine up to the top everytime. They do it by ounce, so when you pay they just weigh your yogurt. It's neat that you can do as little or as much as you want. I ate more than everybody combined every time I swear. It was just too good. We ran into the owner of that franchise in the parking lot and he said it's $500,000 to start one. Dang! They don't have one in Utah yet, but you guys just wait. As soon as we get our dental school loans paid off, it's comin! Heaven I tell ya, heaven.



THE BEACH! The weather was perfect. It was about mid 70's the whole time with the ocean breeze. It was great because you could sit out there all day and not being boiling to death. The water was chilly, but not bad when you got all the way in. We read a lot, slept, boogie boarded, and Scott improved even more on his surfing skills!


Picked up some new Cali STYLES! So these goofy glasses were everywhere! At first I thought they were a joke until I saw girls actually wearing them on the beach. They don't do a thing for your eyes, solely decoration. Odd huh?

OLYMPICS! It was such a treat to have these on while we were in Cali. It was so great to always have something great on TV. No channel flipping necessary. I have never enjoyed the olympics this much. Michael Phelps is just absolutely unbelievable. Every athlete is. I can't get over that kid, what a stud. The gymnastics was a blast to watch, the marathon, beach volleyball, everything. I don't want them to end.

Such a fun trip. Thanks Muffy and Denny for everything. We didn't want it to end. Can't wait till next time!

8 comments:

M said...

Teddy, forgive me for being jealous!!! I so need a vacation and sadly enough, I won't get one for a LOOOONNGGG TIME! but i'm so glad you had so much fun! looks like it was a blast!

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Teddy and Scotty,

I have responded to your comment in Adsense in Blogger FAQ

Cassi said...

So jealous! I love the beach! Wouldn't it just be so nice to live there and have it handy any time you want?! Sounds like a fun trip!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Man you guys are TAN!! Lookin' good :)

Brooklyn and Dave said...

hey teddy! fun trip! i love going to san diego! thanks for the comment on the dog, but its actually kelli delaneys:) i'm just the aunt....

Keri Cannon said...

So cute!!! I love the pics and I am so jealous of your vacation. Ok so can I start up a yogurtland. I totally have $500K to do....ok maybe not, but someone has got to lend us that money. Let's do it! Wish I was as tan as you!!! Love ya tons...

Perry's said...

Don't you just hate when trips have to end!! Glad you guys had fun!

Brittney said...

I must say I am so stinkin jealous!!! Looks like so much fun. Yogurtland pics and description made me drool. Also, lets totally go biking!