Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More random thoughts.....

Congratulations to Scotty! He took his last test today and will now graduate from the U! I am proud of him. He has a long journey ahead with dental school, and many more tests to go. . . . but it's so exciting! I can't wait to be done with my bachelor's, it just seems like I've been in college forever. It's really a different experience when you're married too (not bad by any means), but just different. I'm hardly social at all, just go to class and get home. But I do feel so blessed to have the opportunity to get an education. I have really enjoyed my classes a lot. After this summer, for my last 2 semesters I get to pick any classes I want because I am done with all my major classes. I am really looking forward to that, I signed up for some nutrition class, and history classes because those are my favorite. It's going to be great.

For Scott's graduation my dad and Crystal gave him a new driver and a 3 wood! Of course we picked it up right after he finished his test! That kid was in heaven today, it was so fun to see him so excited about these new clubs he got. We went to Uinta golf and picked them up, then headed out to Thanksgiving Point to hit a bucket of balls (actually 2). He even let me have the first hit with his new driver (which means he must really love me). Of course it went right, I always do. But anyway, it was so fun to just sit on the grass in the sunshine and watch him hit. Golf is truly a passion for Scott and I'm so glad he has something that he loves so much (even though it's expensive). I love how he tells me every little things he's changing, his new grip, what he did wrong on that last swing, why it went right, but most of all just the smile on his face while he plays (usually). I sure love that kid, he's the greatest blessing in my life.

We just got tickets to the James Taylor concert!! I am so excited, I have so many memories of listening to James Taylor growing up, and I will always love him. It is our anniversary present to each other. I am so excited to just lay on the grass with Scott and listen and sing the night away to our favorite tunes. Last time I went (2 years ago) Scott was in San Diego and I was missing him like crazy. I am SO glad we get to be there together this time.

I have been thinking a lot about the darling missionary that was killed in Brazil this week. My heart goes out to his family, and the families down there that have been blessed by his presence, and his companion that will probably never forget witnessing that tragic event in his life. I guess God has a plan for everyone, and it's hard to understand that. It makes me want to be a better person each day, you never know when you're going to go. I have so much to improve on, I just hope I can sneak into heaven behind Scott. He is so good. I also have been thinking a lot about the FLDS families. I don't really know what to think of it all, but my heart goes out to those mothers that are away from their children. I guess it's all just weird to me. I was reading the comments on ksl about it all and I got really frusterated b/c everyone was arguing and making negative comments about the LDS church and how it doesn't make sense that we used to practice polygomy, or that we still do, or that we will in heaven. It's all just way over my head. I have no doubt that everything will work out.

So as far as margarine vs. butter.....butter kicked butt. Man, was I wrong about margarine. Not one person said to use margarine out of all those comments. I have now learned that margarine has trans fat, and that butter just flat out tastes better in everything.....I guess it's worth the extra 3 dollars. Glad I know now. As far as this new "no sugar, no white flour" thing goes, I'm doin good! It's amazed me how convenient crap food is. I have definitely had to take the extra time to put good snacks together and cook healthy meals, but it's worth it. I feel really good. I had my freebie meal on Sunday morning, we ate german pancakes and man they tasted so good! Dreyer's fat free/sugar free ice cream has been a huge blessing. Scott and I love to eat shakes before bed (terrible habit I know), and I can still do it with that good stuff. Definitely not as good as his "the real thing" ice cream, but I'm okay with that. Overall, it hasn't been too bad.

Well it's going to be an interesting summer. Definitely not as fun as usual. I have 5 classes and am gonna keep working full time. I am prayin that God will help me get through it. There are a few days that are going to be insane where I will work a 7-7 night shift and then go straight to school till 4:30 without sleep. Is that possible? I don't know if it will even be worth going to class, but I think it can be done. Even with the craziness, I still have two vacations planned and so that will get me through it. I am already apologizing to Scott for the crappy wife that I am going to be this summer.

Life is good. I am SO happy. In church on Sunday, the speakers in sacrament meeting talked about how important it is to stay busy, enjoy life, be positive, love others, and remember that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. It was totally for me. I absolutely love where we live right now, it's the ghetto and I love it. I love how poor we are, it's funny, but we still get to do fun stuff together and thank heavens for the opportunity we both have to pick up extra shifts! I love my job, the people I work with are from all different paths of life, but good friends. I learn things from all of them. I have really gained an appreciation for my family lately. I love that Scott loves to spend time with them too because pretty soon we are going to be far, far away from them. They're awesome. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to get the family that I did. I also got freakin sweet in-laws. Lucky gal.

I'm sure nobody's even reading this anymore, and that's okay. Man, I have gabbed on and on. But this really is so good for me to do. Life is passing by too fast to not write down my thoughts and blessings in life. Till next time. . . . . .



11 comments:

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Teds,
Just so you know I read the whole thing and loved it. I should write more random thoughts it is definitely healthy. Way to go on the no sugar thing - not that you need it, but I think anytime we can discipline ourselves in anyway it makes us better people. Way to go and thanks for the cute note to Brock it meant a lot to him.

Erica said...

You are just so darling. I read the whole thing and by the end was in tears at just how cute you are! I love your random thoughts!

M said...

you are awesome! it was funny how you said that Scotty's hobby was expensive...my husband's is too, so don't worry. It is so awesome though seeing them so happy when they can have fun doing what they love! you're so cute!

tysqui said...

If you live in the ghetto, where does that mean we live?...

Just kidding though, congratulations to Scott on finishing up. That's pretty exciting.

Erica said...

So I have been totally thinking and I wish everyone in the world had your heart, the world would be such a better place with Teddy hearts!

tysqui said...

I changed my mind. After all of that noise in the building last night, this place is definitely ghetto.

Perry's said...

Congrats Scott - such a great accomplishment and what a relief for you both. Shayne is just learning to golf, I tried to make him hold out be he finally gave in. He's a bit frustrated right now but I bet he will soon be addicted like everyone else! I had no idea about the margarine, I was always told butter was much worse for you!

Perry's said...

I just had to comment again on good for you for swearing off all the crap. It is hard but I've done it before and once you get used to it you will stop wanting it. Also, you are smart to do the once a week thing. They say if you completely cut something out you will crave it more. I did the once a week thing forever and just started again a couple of months ago. It works great - good for you!

Perry's said...

Oh yeah and you said you chopped your hair? Where the heck are the pics? I bet it's super cute!

Keri Cannon said...

Tes, had no idea you are doing no sugar, no crap. That's crazy! Good for you! You definitely don't need it, but i'm sure it does make you feel better. Way to go....that's awesome!

jessi9380 said...

I totally hear you on the FLDS families. It truly breaks my heart that they took all these kids away. Especially nursing infants, that hits home right now. Unbelievable. You can't tell me that the little kids in this were being abused in any way, and SERIOUSLY, like putting them into mainstream American life and taking them away from everything they have ever known isn't going to do permanent psyche damage. I really cannot believe that our government allowed this to such an extent.