Friday, April 18, 2008

Goodbye For Now!

Well it's a new beginning, I have decided to go off of sugar and white flour! By saying sugar, I understand that there's sugar in a lot of things, and I'm not gonna be THAT nautzi about it. I know there is sugar in fruits and even some really healthy cereals, etc. but I'm talking like no soda, no candy, no cookies, ice cream, no white bread and crap like that! Lots of fruits and veggies, whole wheat breads, egg whites! Shouldn't be that bad right? I have done 2 days so far and it's actually been pretty tough though! I don't know if that's because it's just mental and I know I can't have it so I want it, or if I really am addicted to sugar! I am hoping that sooner or later it will just get out of my system and I won't even want it. I have made out some exceptions and I did this so I would stay sane during this whole fiasco: one slurpee a week, and one free meal a week where I can eat whatever I want (including some desert). So anyway, we'll see how this goes! It's SO time to lose my winter weight. I've had it! K wish me luck, and if any of you want to join in, feel free! I've already got my cute mom doin it with me and my friend Grace from work! Let's go girls!

8 comments:

M said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! When I was pregnant with Cruise, I had gestational diabetes and pretty much couldn't eat anything but meat and vegetables. I actually have been trying to do that again to lose my baby weight and I lost about 8 pounds in 3 weeks. Now I am just making sure I eat healthy carbs when I eat them like fruit, whole wheat bread...etc. but ofcourse I have one treat a day just because I can ;) Good luck! You can do it! And you will feel so much better! Especially without the soda.

Cassi said...

Good thinking on the once a week thing! When I do body for life, that's my saving grace, my one free day a week. Good luck with it, and tell me how it goes! It's what I did to lose my baby weight after Coop so I know it works!

Erica said...

Yeah Teddy!! If I wasn't pregnant I would SO do it with you. For some reason now I am just eating up a storm. But you my friend can totally do this!! I'll be home soooo soon!!! We will have to double! I don't even think our husbands have met?!! What?!!

Dave and Britt said...

Sign me up! You have more self control then me girl. I joined a biggest losers group and pretty much decided to do what you are doing. Dave keeps bringing me home mint oreo shakes and for the life of me I can't say no. You gave me motivation though...thanks :)

Youngins said...

It feels good to be healthy! I've been on my own diet and I love being aware of what im putting in my mouth! The good thing is letting yourself indulge once in a while! Love ya

Tiff-E said...

Okay, so as to your last post, I would say butter...for some reason, it's always seemed healthier to me...more natural maybe... But anyway, way to go with the cutting out of the crap! My bro in law made an interesting point about the word of wisdom too, saying with grains, that we should eat a lot of, well, they didn't have white flour back then, just whole wheat...the good stuff! Interesting side note, sorry. And as for sugar...it's poison...really good poison, and I don't think I could go without it, but you are smart for doing so...Hopefully soon I can get up the guts to do it too!!! Look at you Teddy, you're an inspiration! He he he! :)

jessi9380 said...

You're doing my diet! (except I don't get to cheat or eat bread...grrr...) check out this website for some recipes, also there's a book called
breaking the vicious cycle by elaine gottschall that's got all kinds of recipes in it.
I also get my almond flour from Lucy's Kitchen and it makes really good cookies and breads! Enjoy!
http://www.lucyskitchenshop.com/

Shiree said...

I went on a diet with no sugar (except natural sugars) for 6 weeks and it's true, you really do lose the taste for refined sugars. After I finished that diet the first time I tasted ice cream I almost threw up! And that is no longer the case. I love my ice cream! But I felt so good when I ate more naturally. (I am not stalking you, by the way....I saw a link to your site on Tiffany's)