Monday, March 24, 2008

We did it!


Friday was a great day with my cute mom! We went totally out of our comfort zones and baked home made bread from scratch! Neither of us had done it before and when I say we made it from scratch, I mean SCRATCH! We even grinded the wheat with a wheat grinder to make our flour! Oh it was a laugh! We were so successful with all of our adventures. We made delicious whole wheat bread loaves, pitas, and delicious cinnamon rolls! And the best part was that they were all so nutricious (of course you're going to get that with my mom). The cinnamon rolls were the hit for sure and you would have never known from tasting them that they were made with whole wheat flour and NO BUTTER at all! This is so cool, instead of using butter you guys, you roll out the dough and sprinkle on the cinnamon and brown sugar and then grate an apple and use the juice and apple shavings instead of the butter. Oh man they were good! My little brother got home from working up at Alta and ate 4 of them before I even turned around! I had to hurry and salvage some before they were all gone! Along with the breads, we made fresh hummus (it was delicous on our pitas) and these little things called filafels. My mom ate them all the time in Israel, they were delicious as well. We had such a blast as we baked and danced to the "Dreamgirls"soundtrack in our aprons all day! Love you mom!


3 comments:

M said...

how fun! do share the recipes! those cinnamon rolls sound awesome!

Dave and Britt said...

alright I soooo need those recipes!!!! You can send them home with Dave if ya need to.

Youngins said...

You and your mom are too cute! How fun does that look!!! Much love!