Monday, August 20, 2012

Jane, you are my sunshine! I cannot believe you are two. I can't imagine life without you. You are such a bundle of joy and you have such a sweet heart. You crack me up and make me laugh all day. Thank you for keeping me company while your dad works long hours each day. I would be so lonely without you! A few things worth noting at this time of your life:
-You are still obsessed with garbage cans....big, small, stinky, clean....you love them and love to touch them and point them out to me while we're driving or on walks.
-You are a creature of habit. Every morning when I go to get you in your crib you ask for your chocolate "mulk" and ask to go on a walk. I push you around in your stroller while you drink your carnation drink. Nap time and bedtime routines are always the same.
-Your favorite foods are strawberries, blueberries, cheese, popsicles, broccoli, french fries, and pizza.
-You could sit and read books all day. You love to sit on my lap and be read to but you also will plop yourself up on the couch and read them out loud to yourself in your own way.
-You always want to do things yourself now...."Jane do it."
-Outside is your favorite place to be. We are famous throughout the neighborhood.....always out wandering around. People always pull over to see what Jane's exploring.
-You can hardly get through sacrament meeting, you're so excited to get to nursery.
-You love being around other kids. You're so sweet with them, always sharing and giving them kisses. But you do have your moments of attacking, too.
-You love to push anything, the lawn mower, strollers, the vacuum.
-I can't believe how well you are talking and the words you remember. You are SO smart Jane. You're even putting complete sentences together.
-Lately you've been singing to yourself, "Twinkle, twinkle, little Star" and "ABC's". You are also able to count to 10!
-You love to sing songs. You always say, "I sing a song!" (which means I need to sing you a song).
-You freak when someone gets in your space. If someone gets to close to you, you give them the stiff arm. 
-You love playing with your cousins and seeing your grandparents. It makes me so happy we came back to Utah.
-I love that I am "mama" and not just mom. And you never say just, "Please", it's always, "Please mama" and "thanks mama".
-You're fabulous at entertaining yourself. You are just easy and I love that about you. 
-You are an infectiously happy gal, Jane. Thanks for being my best buddy. I love you and your smiling face.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jane! I'm so glad you guys got to come back to Utah too. It seems like you guys are just thriving there. I'm sad I missed seeing you at fashion place, Ryan told me that Jane looked so cute with her new Toms. Jane is such a sweet little girl. Great pictures from her birthday!

Shawni said...

Oh my word Teddy, long time no talk but man alive what in the world happened?? weren't you just barely pregnant with that cute little girl? Time flies. It looks like you guys are doing great :)
Much love, Shawni

Gabe and Abby said...

Happy birthday little Janey Bug!! I wish we could have celebrated with you! She is absolutely darling Teddy, and I just love her. Sometimes I look at her and think oh she is Teddy's little clone... and then the exact same picture, she looks just like Scott! Perfect little combo gal. Love you Janers! Happy birthday!!!