Monday, January 16, 2012

Breakdown of Xmas 2011

Wow wow wow! Where to begin on our wonderful Christmas vacation in Utah? We had the best time and enjoyed every minute of it. We started off with a bang...Jane threw up all over me on the first flight to Denver. She wasn't even sick...I gave her a little pretzel, one the flight attendant gave out and she started gagging on it. Before I knew it she was barfing all over herself and me not just once.... it came out in 3 intervals. I couldn't believe it. I looked over at my best friend Ali who just happened to be on my flight (thank goodness) right across the isle and pointed to Jane and said, "What do I even do?" Of course I didn't have a change of clothes for her (aren't we passed that stage?). I stripped her clothes off and handed her to Ali while she screamed and I tried to clean off the seat and my pants and of course the lady's purse behind us. Whoops! The flight attendants were loving me! I won't tell you anymore details but it was a doozy and we STUNK BAD until we got to Utah. Jane sported her diaper all through the Denver airport and on our next flight until we got to Utah and I could get in her luggage. Oh I got some great looks, let me tell you!

After we arrived it was smooth sailing! We had a blast. It took Jane much longer than I would have liked to warm up to everyone but what do ya do. She had major stranger danger and it was tough without Scott around the first 10 days. I can't write about every thing we did but I've got a whole schloo (word?) of pics to share. There are so many things I didn't get pictures of that I am regretting so bad like meeting with my aunt and cousins to make Christmas candy up in Logan, all the lunches with friends, my best friends Abby's baby shower, my cousins' combined homecoming/farwell with all our cousins, etc. But here are a few of what I got.

Christmas was a blast. We were so spoiled. I got a nook, an ipod nano, shoes and boots and money....holy smokes I felt like a kid again! Scott got a ski trip up to Jackson Hole and Bozeman, MT with his dad and they had the best time. Jane got an elmo (that's the current obsession right now), a keyboard, some toys, the bubble cyclone machine, the cutest ski jacket I've ever seen, coloring stuff, books, geez!
The biggest hit of all this Xmas was the remote control hellicopters we got: I made all of our Christmas gifts this year (well close). It was a pillow Christmas! I didn't get pics of all of them but our very favorite one was the one I made Scott's dad....the Snowbird pillow. It was bitter sweet giving it away!This was our very formal nativity acting at the family party: And the best tradition ever from Scott's family....a nerf gun fight on Xmas morning every year:Jane had so much fun with her cousins, the twins!This is them at Discovery Gateway having a blast with Jane's current favorite toy of all, the toilet. And eating lunch together at IKEA:Jane loves reading books more than anything in the world. She was in heaven with all these people to read books to her!Not to mention my mom's amazing book shelfs.....Jane couldn't believe all her options!Jane figured out how to climb stairs as soon as we got to Utah. She's a pro now! Just haven't figured out how to get her down yet.....The best part of the trip was all the great weather! Yes, there was no snow and I never even skied which is so pathetic but we were able to play outside a lot which is so awesome. Jane loves to be outside and so we especially milked it up in Midway because it's just so dang beautiful up there and the air is so clean.

New Years eve was pretty exciting! Scott got back from his week long ski trip about 5 and so we left Jane with the grandparents and took off for dinner. It was so fun to go out to eat, just the two of us, and then we came home...drank some sparkling cider....and hit the sack at 9:15. Yep, we're just that old. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: