Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jane-bug at 1 Year



My dearest friend Chelsea is our personal photographer. She's the reason I have all the great pictures of Jane that I do. She helped me make Jane's bday cake which was a toss up between her 3 favorite foods: watermelon, black beans, and a blueberry. We ended up going with the watermelon which was a great choice, so cute. Except for the face that Jane was not interested in the least bit. Major disappointment Jane!!! So far you're not a sugar addict like your mom.

Just a few fingerprints in there. Did she last very long? Nope. Last Sunday we took Jane out under this little tree and snapped a few pictures. I promise I'm not obsessed with my child and taking pictures. Chelsea is the one that tells me what I need to do as far as "documenting" and she insisted that Jane needed some "one year pics". So glad someone else is on top of it because she makes me look like I am, but I'm not! This only took about 10 minutes and we walked away these gems. There are tons but here are a few of my faves (sorry, there's still a whole sloo of em'). (Jane always has to have something in her hands while she's walking. It's usually a stick...but this time it was this long piece of grass....do you see it? Classic Jane).....I was not prepared or planning on being in any of these but I'm so thrilled Chels snagged a few. I love this girl.


2 comments:

abby o said...

SO SO CUTE!! I desperately need a photographer friend...so glad you have one! It's so funny to me how many of their little expressions and mannerisms seem similar. My goodness this is a sweet age. And you, Miss Momma, look pretty beautiful in those shots.

geeno said...

oh i love all these shots!

and really, you look like THAT when you're not planning on being photographed??? i couldn't even get that pretty on my wedding day! i need a personal tutorial on the perfect cascading waves of hair.

i have to concurr with abs on this one... i love this age and just wait the joy of it really peaks over the 6 months.