First you load up on this dudes tractor and he pulls you up a big, long hill to all the yummy apple pickin':
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Ditmar's Apple Orchard
On Labor Day we went to an apple orchard. I know we live in the city but golly we are darn close to beautiful country of wide open corn fields and rolling hills that go on forever. To me, it's one of my favorite views...wide open fields that go forever, old barns, and cows grazing in the pasture. We were in heaven at this place. A lot of it was because we were eating unlimited apples...throwing them on the ground when we found one that better suited us....yum! Yum!
First you load up on this dudes tractor and he pulls you up a big, long hill to all the yummy apple pickin':
He says, "Gala's are over there, Golden Delicious are down that way, there's a delicious purple apple down yonder there, etc. Have at it and I'll be up later whenever you're ready to pick you up." Well we definitely "had at it"!
We at so many apples we were sick! But we loaded up our bags to take some home, of course.

We went with out greatest buds, the Theurer's. The boys were in heaven. We had races up each hill to keep them having fun!
Jane picked up this perfect little apple and she didn't let go of it all day! 

And you'll never guess what Jane's new favorite word is....apple.
It feels like Fall! LOVE it! But take your time Winter!
First you load up on this dudes tractor and he pulls you up a big, long hill to all the yummy apple pickin':
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yummy! I want your apple cake recipe!!
This is one of the things I miss most about the midwest...we spent HOURS at the apple farms. And it's always some old guy with a huge red barn and a tractor and ancient playground equipment that would never pass safety inspections and the kids just go nuts. Oh that makes me ache for fall and apples and pumpkins and...I have to say...the midwest. Love it.
Oh Teddy I even fell in love with the midwest. I drove out there so many times, and I just could not stop taking pictures of white farm houses and red barns and absolutely perfectly groomed to the edge cornfields. There is something about getting a good long vista of your surroundings unblocked by those pesky mountains and forests
Teddy!
Look how CUTE your family is!! Yes, it has been forever!!! I had no idea you had baby jane. She is absolutely adorable!! Oh how I have missed you, seriously.... Our yearly celebration together was always a blast and those red vests made it even better! haha! I love you!
Post a Comment