But while Scott's been away.....I dyed my hair red. Yep, that was exciting. Scott's been begging me for 5 years now to try going red and I have denied, denied, denied. Well sure enough I was feeling so frumpy and blah that I wanted a drastic change and so I went for it. We'll just say it lasted 2 days (2 LONG days) and the poor Mr. didn't even get to see it, except via Skype! All that trouble for him and he missed out. I just insisted to him I couldn't wait another 7 days! So now I"m back to a dark, DARK brown. It was such a kick actually at all the looks I got from neighbors and friends and people trying to pretend that they liked it! I was just upfront and said, "Don't worry, I'm just being festive for Halloween. You don't have to tell me I look pretty!" I sure gave Chels a run for her money this week and all of my "hair issues". She didn't wanna do it in the first place but I insisted. Then I came crying back to her to save me! Such a good sport. These pictures don't do the red justice, it doesn't look nearly as bad in these but oh baby, you should've seen me in the sun!

I have been keeping my nights busy and nap times busy by making a few things this week. I finally made this blanket/quilt I've been wanting to make for awhile. So I busted out the sewing machine (it's been almost all summer) and got to work. Here is the tutorial for this lovely blanket from aesthetic nest. I am in love with it and had so much fun making it. It is for a special someone :) You sew lots of straight lines (about 4 hours worth), but you get to make your own chenille for the back of the blanket. It's fabulous and so fun at each step of creating this quilt. My camera is lousy, which means these pics are lousy but you can get the idea. It's much more fabulous in person. I'm so proud!Can I just say what I would give to ride up Millcreek or Emigration Canyon right now to enjoy the beautiful leaves? Every year at this time I get such an itch to be up in those big beauties. It is so beautiful here, we have trees galore and they are just on the brink of changing. But oh those mountains. I love them.
On another note, she's my best friend. That girl is my bud. Recently she's been starting to throw mini tantrums and I'm like, "Woah girl, what's this about?" and I have to remind myself that although she's my best friend, she is one. That girl can be a serious sassy pants though sometimes! I just have to laugh and when the arching of the back, the kicking, then the squaling happens, I just lay her there and walk away. Any pointers you experienced mothers? Can't believe it's that time already.
Jane is hilarious. I tell ya that girl keeps me on my feet! I remember when she was in my belly, (and as a reminder) she was feet first the whole time. My Dr. would always say, this girl is gonna come out running! And sure enough, she pretty much did. Jane still refuses to crawl and always wants to be on her feet. Quite humorous if you ask me but in all honesty, I'm getting a little worried! That girl can walk, or run for that matter, but she cannot crawl and she cannot pull herself up on anything! I have to lift her up. Yah, yah I know what you're thinking, "Just leave her and when she wants it bad enough she'll do it." Nope. That girl would sit there all day I swear before she tries to get up! Goodness gracious Jane, I sure love ya but you are a crazy one.
On another note, she's my best friend. That girl is my bud. Recently she's been starting to throw mini tantrums and I'm like, "Woah girl, what's this about?" and I have to remind myself that although she's my best friend, she is one. That girl can be a serious sassy pants though sometimes! I just have to laugh and when the arching of the back, the kicking, then the squaling happens, I just lay her there and walk away. Any pointers you experienced mothers? Can't believe it's that time already.
We cut off Jane's mullet and it is now a little bob in the back. That girl has some hair! And that is an understatement! This is Scott's do he gave her in the tub the other night.
She still loves her car, and we walk in it every morning....and about 10 more times as the day goes on. It's been in the 40's each morning here so I have to bundle her up big time when I take her running and then of course she wants to ride in her car afterwards. She looks like a little orphan Annie when I bundle her. Yesterday she had on her pink and lime green ice cream cone jammies, I added some polka dot leg warmers, then white socks, a gray hawaiian flower old navy sweatshirt, and a red Utah Utes hat. She was stylin'.
5 comments:
what a fun post!!
The hair looks fun but I know red is not for everyone.
I'm so inspired by your quilt and wreaths! I'm going to pin them and make them all.
Holy smokes Teddy! That quilt is unreal! I LOVE it. Alright maybe I will try one after all. But most of all I love your wreaths! I am kind of a wreath freak...I have about 500 of them bookmarked but have I made any?!? No. But I think I'm going to copy both of yours...LOVE THEM. AND I've got bar stools I've been dying to spray paint but I keep thinking I need to sand them and prime them and all that jazz...did you just paint right over the finish? Hasn't rubbed off? Lovin' Jane's chair. Holy smokes, you go girl! I dunno, you get quite a bit done as a single mom!
Oh my word Tedds!!!! You are little miss craft lady! I am inspired by you!!!! Seriously. Lovin the wreaths and the chair... and the quilte Tedds... AMAZING!! Seriously, you rock. Ah, I wish we were neighbors. You could help me with all my lame-o attempts to craft. :) Miss you. Love you!!!
Seriously your quilt turned out GREAT!!! I love the fabric and you must tell me where you got it or what the name of it was.
such cute pictures and amazing craft-age! very jealous. you are so talented! But honestly, you got one cute girl on your hands! So cute!
Post a Comment