Friday, April 8, 2011

A start

Look what I just made for this sweet girl?(this one's for you Abby and Auntie K) Yep! My first "big" project on my new machine! I learned a lot and am excited to make another one and to try a few different things. Minkie and I are not good friends. As soft as it is, it is hard to work with! I lost my temper a few times and had a good jam in my machine, but I think it was worth it! Pretty cute though huh? I'm excited about it. I'm also excited about Spring-T-shirt weather so I can hang outside on the lawn with this cutie pie. Oh how I LOVE her!(Don't mind the dead grass and old air conditioner in the background. If you can tell, I wasn't trying to be professional here, but couldn't resist snapping a few on this beautiful sunny day)!

6 comments:

Erica said...

SO PROUD OF YOU, Teds!! DARLING!! can't wait to see more of them!!

Melanie said...

Beautiful!!! That is impressive for your first!

And yah, any material with stretch, like minky, is harder to sew with.

Heather said...

Wow! Teddy so great, I can't believe you made that. Good work sewing all that minky, I can imagine that stuff jamming your sewing machine. A baby, and difficult frustrating (at moments) sewing projects you must have have increased your patience/tolerance a hundred fold within the last year! [if that makes sense]

Karen said...

Teddy... you go girl!!! I feel very fulfilled. I consider the torch passed to the next generation of creative sewers. I love your colors, but mostly I am glad you enjoyed the experience. Wahoo!!

Keri Cannon said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! It looks so good! You need to teach me!!! And can she get any cuter?!? I just want to hold her! Can you please come home?

abby o said...

Eeep! So cute! quilt AND baby! You lucky ducks...even if we had any grass (instead of dirt) it's been raining and snowing all week. Enjoy that spring sunshine, and keep sewing! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.