December is such a busy time. I am in love with the Christmas season though. I am yet to buy one Christmas gift and I'm not even stressed about it. I have been thinking so much about Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem. Can you even imagine the spirit that must have been in that stable when baby Jesus was born? It gives me the chills just thinking about it. Like President Uchtdorf said in this month's Ensign, do you think the people in Bethlehem knew that such a powerful presence, the Son of God, was right there in their midst? I have no doubt they did.
Well first I wanted to just say that I am so glad I am not this guy.

13 finals. THIRTEEN my friends. Doesn't that make you want to vomit? I remember in college when I had 3 toughies and I wanted to lay over and die. I keep telling Scott, "I'm so glad I'm me and not you." Our kitchen table and kitchen floor have become a file cabinet but it's okay. I will accomodate whatever I need to. There are piles and piles and piles of notes everywhere. He is such a good boy.
The other night I went to the temple for a friend of mine at church who was going through for the first time. I knew Scott was super overwhelmed and needed to study but he offered to watch Jane so I could go. It takes about 3 hours total to go and do a session here. On my way home Scott was sending texts like, "Hurry" and "Are you close?" I kept thinking, "Oh no she must be screaming, I feel so terrible!" But I walked in the door and this is what I saw....

I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. This was his genius way of calming her down. He said she was fussy and not a happy camper so threw these puppies on her. I asked what she was listening to and he said, "Oh just some Brittany and Katie Perry." I'm hoping still that was a sarcastic comment.
Jane is a total daddy's girl. She is like perma smile when he holds her. It's a constant roller coaster ride, flying through the house, throwing her down into piles of pillows, you name it. At first I was so uptight and kept saying, "Scott! She's a newborn, be careful." But I've given up and when I see her thrown on the bed and the biggest smile on her face when she looks up, I know she's okay. So I'm over that one.

This is another one that freaked me but she laughs the whole time. How can I tell him to stop?


Thanksgiving was great this year. We ended up having it with some other students at the institute building. With such a big group, our places just aren't big enough to hold everyone. Last year we sat on the couch and floor and Scott insisted that we sit at tables this year so it feels like Thanksgiving! We didn't have the cozy "homey" feeling but it worked out great and the food was delicious. Matt got up at 2AM to throw the turkey in his smoker and Scott was in pure heaven with his smoked turkey leg.



We are going to bless Jane in Utah over Christmas break so all the family can be there. Scott's mom made the most beautiful blessing dress for Jane. It took her hundreds and hundreds of hours to make. That's not an exaggeration either. The pictures don't do it justice but you can get the idea.
Thank you sweet Muffy.
She's old. And not to mention big, but it will be so fun to do it with family.
Jane and I are off to Utah in just a few days. I'm praying she'll be good on the plane. She's so good but she wants to always be looking around and moving around that I hope she can stay put. When we went to Chicago I swaddled her and she conked out the whole time. I'm not seeing that happening anymore. My fingers are crossed. Scott is coming out jut a few days later, that is if he survives his week from you know where. Christmas is all about family and I'm looking so forward to it. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas time!
3 comments:
Wow! Jane's blessing outfit is gorgeous, you will treasure that forever. What an incredibly thoughtful gesture.
Wish Scott luck on his finals! I totally know what you mean, I am always telling Ryan I have the better end of the deal. I get to stay home and play with Finn all day and go on fun outings. We are lucky women!
Have fun in Utah, are you guys going to try and hit the slopes while you're out there?
Teddy,
That blessing dress might be the prettiest one I've ever laid my eyes on. Wow!
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I did get them but I'm a little slow to reply these days. I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful Jane. I love her name.
I'm also so happy you got a machine. I mostly learned from trial and error. Start small and then work up. If you choose something too big, it might be frustrating and make you never want to sew again. But if you start small, you'll love it!
Yay, we'll finally be able to meet sweet baby Jane! I'm so excited! When will you be blessing her? I hope we are in town for it!
Post a Comment