
It is the greatest thing to have music on in the house with good sound. Scott and I can blast it and it doesn't sound like a radio from 1970. I am such a happier gal when I have great tunes playing in my home while cooking and cleaning instead of all the crap blasting on TV. It just puts me in a bad mood, and we have like 3 channels anyway. We have it on constantly and it's so great. I am LOVING it!!
Scott and I have been cooking up some yummy things lately. I had to delete my picture of our fabulous, fancy french toast when I was desperate for a picture the other night at Scott's white coat ceremony but it was delicious!! We've also made some home made Cafe Rio: It was delish. I hate to say it though, it's just not possible. No matter how many comments below the listed recipe swear, "This is exactly like Cafe Rio!!" I'm sorry, it's just not. Maybe it's just me and my cooking, but the pork...it's not even close. Not even close. It's a lot of work too! Won't be makin' that again for awhile. The other thing we've been making is sushi! California rolls, and they are so yummy.
Now this is fun and so delicious. Did I mention we got a rice cooker? The best 30 bucks we ever spent. I got up the guts to go to the Asian Market and they helped me with everything I would need and now it's easy peasy lemon squeezy! We love it!
So Scott had his white coat ceremony last weekend and it was great. It is just like the big "stepping stone" into the clinic where they receive their white coat and take an oath and we all snap pictures. I am proud of him. This dental school has been tough stuff. It's a lot of hours and a lot of criticism and a LOT of stress. Scott's parents were so kind and sent us a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory since they weren't able to come out for it. It was such a treat! Wow! We were feeling like kings!
The nursery is now painted! But it's full of stuff and so pictures to come. Village Green has a yard sale every year and so tons of students sell all their stuff, especially all the seniors who are moving this month. Well, we got seriously almost all the baby stuff we need! It was the greatest thing ever! We are almost set. We got a free crib from someone in our ward which was a huge blessing. Then at the yard sale we got a pack and play, a baby rocker/vibrater thing, the coolest rocking chair ever, an awesome swing (that I saw at Babies R'Us for $150 last week) and my cute friend brought over a huge tub of girls clothes 0-12 months. And we got all this stuff for under 100 bucks!!! So all I am on the lookout for is a cheap dresser that I can also make into a changing table. And then the only other "big thing" we will need is a car seat and stroller!! It's all coming along, it's crazy. I can feel her kicking so much! It's just the craziest thing I've ever felt, I can't believe there's a little baby moving around inside my belly. Speaking of the belly, it's really popped. I know, I know I need to post pregnancy pics for all of you who have asked. I will.
Everything else is great! We are looking forward to summer and warm weather. We are missing our families a lot (especially me). Pregnancy emotions? We are also wishing there was some frozen yogurt and snow cone shacks here in Omaha. Totally lame that they don't have either.
Oh and one more thing. I'm so glad the Jazz are out of the playoffs. Can I say this? I HATE the Lakers. I can't even stand to watch them and especially you know who. Well, all of them I guess. So as sad as I am that they're out, I'm just glad it's over. They make me want to vomit. I hope LeBron shuts down Kobe in the championship. And that's all I have to say about that.
8 comments:
Hey Teddy, you have such a cute blog! I came across it via Chelsea's, hopefully you don't mind! :) - Rachael
TEDDS!!! Love it, You look absolutely darling! Love you girl!
OH MY GOSH! I know Kim and Ryan Burt! How funny to see them on your blog! We were in the same ward in Provo together. I guess I should have put two and two together! What fun! They are such a wonderful family.
Isn't Mother's day the best! Just wait till the baby comes it is such fun!
As for the Cafe Rio- I need to send you my recipe so you can try it out. The dressing is the best I have tried.
You look so cute and I am so excited for you! Much love!
I totally agree with you about the Jazz. I can't handle watching them play the Lakers.
Congrats on your little girl! I'm so excited for you! There is always drama with girls, even when they're little, but they're so much fun. I love how Scott doesn't want her to be a cheerleader! I'm the same way, but sometimes they just have minds of their own. I want Ada to play soccer but she wants to take dance. She's way more girly than I ever was! Good luck with everything!
I got your blog from some other village greener...can't remember. Thanks for the wonderful company last night...such a blast! Laughing that hard is always fun! I think my cheeks still hurt :) Summer
I knew all of that and still read every word! Love you!
Teddy!!! I can't believe you're pregnant! Man, it's been too long since I checked out this cute blog of yours. I"M SOOOO excited for you! Congratulations! So glad you guys are doing so well.
Love, Shawni
Fun stuff! I miss primary.
Post a Comment