Holy smokes!! Does anybody even read our blog anymore?! Probably not! Please forgive me for the lack of posts. I have completely slacked, but have my reasons. I am turning over a new leaf and this is the start of a steady blog, I promise!
I really, really wanted to still post some of our Christmas pictures from our trip home to Utah. It was such a treat and I am missing everybody so much right now so please bear with me!
We'll start out with a little bit of what Scott and I are missing the most right now! SKIING! My dad and Crystal's gift to our family was a fabulous, fun ski day at Snowbird. It was a blast to ski with the whole family! We had a great time together. They decided that the best gift this year would be spending time together, and it was!







And of course we had to set aside a day with our best ski buds Spence and Lisa. Every Saturday we daydream of skiing with them up at Snowbird (just like the good old days).


Next up: I couldn't leave out our awesome Christmas sweaters.



My favorite thing about being up in Midway is how beautiful it is. I know I talk about it all the time but I'm sorry, it's unbeatable. Scott, Matthew and I took a walk up on the groomed paths for the cross country skiers up on Wasatch Golf Course and took the dogs. It was so beautiful and the dogs were so hilarious! They would stick their heads way down deep in the snow and just sit there, and they pounced and pounced through the snow.


Here's Jake as an example:

Of course Scott had to try it:

Can I mention again how much I love these two together? They are two peas in a pod.

We miss you beautiful Midway!

We spent Christmas day with Scott's family and it was great! Scott took off early and went skiing with my little brother Joe to get in some Christmas powder goodness and we had a delicious breakfast of homemade blueberry pancakes! I love the Elder's so much. They are the greatest family and it was so fun to have Scott's little sister Holly in town from St. Louis!


We went to a movie and as a tradition didn't open up our presents until evening. We got the greatest gifts and it was so fun to actually open presents! As you can see, Scott was excited!


Scott's dad gave him a remote control airplane that he thought it was just the coolest thing he's ever seen in his life. They got it all put together and flew it outside. Scott was so giddy to show it to Matthew. They had a great time flying it.

Okay you all probably need a breather from this post, it's getting so long. I still have a few more things that I want to post but I will create a "Part 2". But I have to end with one of the greatest highlights of the whole trip.
Remember this summer when I posted about these little rascals?
Stockton and McKaylee (our newest niece and nephew) weighing in at 3 and 4 pounds? Well we hadn't seen them since they were in the NICU and look at them now!
They're so awesome, I loved cuddling up to them every chance I got. I'm so in love.
The poor things, they just don't get any attention at all........
And of course the cutest little pistols ever (Savannah and Lucy), our other darling nieces. They are at such a fun stage and it was so fun to spend time with them. Man! The pressure is sure on for Scotty and I to produce some good lookin' kids to keep up with all these kidlings!
It was so hard to say goodbye to these guys because they're all growing up so fast. I think that's the hardest thing about being away. We love you guys!
Okay end of "Part 1". Part 2 will be continued on soon as I have made my promise to now be a steady blogger. I have much more good stuff to come such as our awesome Christmas present from my mom and Monty, New Years Eve, and other fun memories. So, to be continued......
2 comments:
So fun teds! Those pics are adorable! Can't wait to see you again! Loves
yes, i STILL check your blog!!! :) looks like you guys had a great christmas! i'm so glad you guys are doing well! love ya teds!
Post a Comment