Saturday, September 19, 2009

A good ol' Update

It's funny how I thought I would be such a great blogger once we moved away from Utah, yet I've gone completely down hill! I still continue to read everyone's blogs, but as far as ours goes, I've been quite boring and I apologize.

Life here in Omaha is so fantastic. It has just been the greatest time and a great summer. We've had unheard of weather for the midwest and been able to explore so much of this fun city and make great friends. It is slowly starting to get a little more chilly in the mornings and at nights, but I hear that Fall is beautiful here so I'm looking forward to the change. School for Scott is brutal right now, he's studying like crazy. But he's making it work and loving dentistry more and more. I am LOVING my job, second graders are just the funnest thing ever. It is so worthwhile to work so hard with them and to see them improving whether it be FINALLY remembering what comes after 29 or memorizing their doubles. They are all just little pistols and crack me up with their humor. The teachers I get to work with are amazing and I'm just very happy.

Over Labor Day we went camping and had a blast. When we were driving to the state park Scott and I were just laughing because we didn't feel like we were going camping at all! It was so weird to not be heading towards mountains and before we knew it we were there. But the camp spot was actually beautiful with tall trees and right on the river. We went with some friends of ours and had a great time.
Scott made us all killer peach cobler in the dutch oven. It was to die for! Every Sunday we have a pot luck dinner with all of our neighbors. A few people roll over their grills and we all bring our own meat to grill up and any side, along with our camping chairs. It is always so delicious and such a fun time. We just sit around and talk till it's dark and it's so great. I don't know what we're gonna do in the winter when it's freezing outside. Squeeze into somebody's house? This past Saturday night we made a quick trip to Walmart to grab a few last minute groceries for the week and Scott disappears for a minute in Walmart and returns with a full rack of ribs and a huge smile on his face and says, "For the pot luck tomorrow?" Of course I couldn't resist and it's a good thing I didn't because they were to die for good! I've never had ribs before and they were SOOOO good!
Since we haven't had any T.V. for the past couple of months I've been reading a ton. I've really loved some of the books I've been reading. If you haven't read them, I would definitely reccamend:
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down and the lessons in this book are so valuable. This story is amazing, I'm just finishing it up. I have loved it though and it's incredible. And I'm just starting to read this one because I've been on the waiting list for it and it FINALLY came into the library:
I've heard it's a great book as well and I've got to hurry up because the book Oprah just announced for her book club book this months looks fabulous!

I just have to leave you all with a classic picture that's been making me laugh. Scott just got his (I don't remember the fancy name for them)..... nifty dental glasses that magnify really well so you can see the teeth you're working on. I was laughing so hard when he pulled them out of their packaging and tried them on for the first time, then he had to pull this hilarious pose that makes them even worse when I snapped this picture of him. Yes, this goofy guy just might be YOUR dentist someday!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

I just requested the last two books you listed from the library (I've already read the first one, and loved it). I LOVE when you post book recommendations. Keep 'em coming ;). Glad Omaha is treating you guys well.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear life in Omaha is going well! Say hi to Ali T. for me!!

abby o said...

Teddy,
1. Fall in the midwest is THE BEST
2. LOVE the Good Earth, so glad you liked it!
3. My favorite part of dental school was the Sunday afternoon apartment-wide barbecues! Miss that SO bad, so glad you get to do it.
4. You've never had RIBS BEFORE?!?

Keri Cannon said...

I'm so glad you posted an update! I seriously love that you guys do a pot luck dinner every week outside with your friends! You guys look like you are having so much fun. Sure miss you guys!! hugs and kisses!

M said...

love the update! i'm so glad scott is enjoying school and that you love your job! that's so great to hear! looks like you guys are doing so well! i'm so happy for you!!! and i LOVE that last picture...very nice :)

DEANNA said...

HI, I HOPPED ON YOUR BLOG THROUGH SHAWNI'S AND WHEN I SAW YOU LIVE OMAHA I COULD NOT RESIST READING. MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS THERE AND WAS JUST CURIOUS WHERE ABOUTS YOU LIVE?

I MISS THE FALL WEATHER THERE. MY AUNT KEEPS MY UP ON EVERYTHING GOING UN THERE (SHE LIVES ON 107TH STREET) ON FACEBOOK. I ONLY REMEMBER SNOW I WOULD PLAY IN AND LOVE HAVING ON THE GROUND. I NEVER HAD TO DRIVE IN IT OR WARM UP MY CAR IN IT.

IT WOULD BE FUNNY IF YOU LEVE BY ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS OR SOMETHING. SMALL WORLD IT IS. SHAWNI WAS HER MEXICAN RIVERIA CRUISE THE SAME WEEK I WAS ON MINE, JUST DIFFERENT BOATS BUT WE DID HIT THE SAME PORT ONE DAY!

TOO FUNNY!