Saturday, July 18, 2009

Woah Nelly!

Wow I'm starting to get so nervous! I can't believe this big thing starts tomorrow, I feel like we have been waiting so long for it to happen that it's almost been a dream of some sort. But now I have to actually "wo-man up" and do it!

Yesterday morning I fell down the stairs (embarrassing I know) and landed right on my tail bone. I'm tellin' ya, I cannot sit flat on my bottom. I have been in so much pain and very sore. I haven't even gotten on my bike yet because I don't want to know the result. I'm not getting on it until that race starts tomorrow because then I have no choice but to suck it up and get riding! It feels much better this morning than it did yesterday and if I can lean forward I'm okay. I'm thinking about duct taping a big feather pillow to my seat and getting comfy. Hey, why not? I'm gonna be in the middle of Iowa? Who's there to impress?

Here's to a week of more biking than I think I can handle but here goes! I'm SO excited.

Here is the link and you can see our route, distance, and map for each day!
http://ragbrai.com/data/2009/ragbrai-main-map-2009.php

See you all in a week!

2 comments:

M said...

GOOD LUCK! so sorry about your tailbone! what a bummer (no pun intended). i hope everything goes well!

nicole chandler said...

You can do it, You are amazing! Have a wonderful time and enjoy the view, can't wait to hear how it goes,
talk to ya soon,
Nicole