Christmas Eve night we went to my dad's house for the annual Cannon pajama party. We had delicious food and played "The Newlywed Game", needless to say there were a lot of laughs between all of us couples. The poor single people had to be the "question askers" and I'm sure learned a little too much about us all.

Christmas Day I unfortunately had to work until noon so it didn't seem like Christmas until those dreadful hours were over. We met up with Scott's family and saw Valkyrie. Then we went back and had a delicious dinner with Scott's family and then opened our presents.
Scott's mom made us girls these darling glass necklaces with our first initials on one side and a picture on the back. Love them.
Scott and I are the new proud owners of a photo printer! Woohoo!
Brace yourselves....the best present of all from Scott.....
a dishwasher! This was by far the best gift of all. It has already done wonders for our marriage! It's a great portable one that hooks right on up to our sink and has a nice wooden chop block on top to use as more counter space. Our place in Omaha doesn't have a dishwasher so we will most definitely be taking this with us! It is too good to be true! Thank you Scotty!
My little brother Joe is serving in Charleston, West Virginia and he got to call me on Christmas night and the time talking to him was the greatest part of Christmas. That kid is milestones ahead of me as far as knowledge in the gospel and doing what's right. Listening to him talk about his love for the Book of Mormon and his knowledge of it was such a testimony to me. We all sent him packages for Christmas and he gave everything away to the people there. He loves them dearly. He is in the poorest part of WV and his stories are absolutely incredible. I am so proud of him. Sunday morning we headed up to Midway and spent the next couple of days up at my moms. There is so much snow up there! My mom and I spent a day baking delicious homemade wheat bread, cinnamon rolls, and caramel popcorn. It was fun to bake in her new kitchen. We definitely made a mess but had great success!

and while we were baking in our cozy little house, this was going on outside.....
Scotty and I took my little brothers up to Soldier Hollow to go tubing. It was a great time, and the best part of all is that instead of walking up the hill you can do this.....
Isn't that great?! We were all about the tow rope for sledding.


And last but not least, lots of this!
Yesterday we went up with our great friends Spencer and Lisa. It was so nice to not have it be freezing freezing cold for once. Has anyone else noticed how FREEZING it's been up there all year? We even got some sunshine and if I may say, it was well deserved!


6 comments:
Yay!! A dishwasher! That's so awesome - you deserve it. The pictures of scott cracked me up. I'm glad you guys had a great holiday!
Looks like so much fun! We sure missed you two at Owen's baby blessing!
what a blast! and i'm so glad you got a dishwasher! dave and i bought one when we moved and it's the best purchase i ever made! enjoy!
Hey did I see Holly in one of those pictures?
don't you love cozy christmastime activities! That is the same dishwasher that ryan and i have - we didn't have it for a few weeks out here and (i know i am so spoiled but) life just isn't the same without a dishwasher!
Hey Teddy, I ran into your blog from Tricia's. I love the whole dishwasher thing. Our first apartment didn't have one, and that topped my list as a requirement for our apartment when we moved. Can't live without it. Looks like things are going well for you 2.
Post a Comment