I swear just yesterday I was in elementary school singing the song "1-800-94-Jenny!" from the Jenny Craig commercial. I remember they changed the number every year and when it went to "95 Jenny" it toally threw me off and I couldn't believe it was already 1995 and I was 10 years old. ( I hope at least one person reading this remembers that commercial). But anyway, here we are 2009....we're flyin'.
I think New Years Eve is probably the most over rated holiday we have here in America. I guess it was fun as a kid banging pots and pans, running down good old Flamingo Drive and the parents letting us stay up past midnight. That was indeed fun. We planned to go skiing that day with some friends and it was a great time and at night went to dinner (which was way over priced for not so great of food. . . I hate that) and then planned to play games and watch movies all night. Ended up I wasn't feeling so good that night and hit the hay at 9pm. Poor Scott stayed up and played Xbox and came in at midnight and jumped on the bed yelling "Happy New Year!" That's how exciting our new years was.
More than anything I just love the feeling of a new year. I feel I can start fresh, improve myself, and work on things I want to be better at. A dear friend of mine at work the other day said, "I don't get what it is with New Year's resolutions.....if you think you're fat, just start working out. Why do people think they have to wait till it's January 1st?" And I'm with ya girl, but I don't know what it is, it's just an excuse to start clean again. I still haven't written down a list of things to work on, but I know what they are....and they're always there. At church on Sunday we had ward conference and it was the best 3 hours of church I think I have ever been to. I won't go into detail but I learned so much (about myself more than anything) and really am grateful for the time I have had to reflect on and write down the things that were said. It was just what I needed spiritually for the start of a new year.
Well reality has kicked back in and winter break is over. School started yesterday for both Scott and I and we are back to our independent schedules everyday. For the record, Scott has already managed to go skiing 25 times this season and his raccoon eyes on his face boldly prove that. Me on the other hand, I've only made it up about 15 times but hope to pass him up as I have a much more flexible school schedule this semester. We got the best day on Friday together to top off the break. It made splurging on our Snowbird season passes completely worth it. We woke up super early after it had snowed all night and had the most incredible pow day together. It snowed heavily all morning up there. My legs were dead by the end of the day. So much for all that biking, I thought it would help but they were jello. We got plenty of untracked powder and had a blast together. That day will be hard to top.
I can't believe that we are leaving in just 4 months. I was thinking how fast those 4 weeks of winter break went and then had the thought that in just four more of those, we will be out of here! I am starting to get nervous and the tears have come a few times as I have been included in on the emails of planning the family reunion up at Colter Bay in Jackson this summer. Being away from family is what is going to kill us, but it's going to be a great time. The people in Scott's program are the coolest people I have ever met and I know they will become our family. I love them all and their wives are fantastic. Plus, adventure is always good right? Here's to 2009 and all that lies ahead. Happy New Year everyone. . . .
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Teds, I just LOVE you. I want you to know that as hard as it is to be away - you'll love it. You will have a few hard months, getting used to it and all - and then you'll LOVE IT! I am so glad that TJ and I have had this time together. And I am SO grateful for the people we have met. I don't want to go back to Utah now. Don't worry or stress and let yourself feel sad from time to time. But I promise it will be AMAZING and you will get to know Scotty so much more. It has been the best thing for our marriage. You can ALWAYS call me whenever you'd like. We can have some cry chats and I will tell you it's going to be okay. I love you SO much and can't wait to hear all about your fun adventures, because they are coming fast! xoxoxo
Post a Comment