Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lovin' it

FINALLY got to partake in some of this goodness today!

Scott and I had so much fun up at the Bird today. I was shocked at how much snow was actually up there! They had just opened Little Cloud and we were able to get some great runs in, even some turns of powder! They must be having secret storms up there at night that are little by little adding more snow up there because we're definitely not getting them down in the valley! But man it was a beautiful blue bird day and so good to spend the day with Scotty. He had all his finals this week except for one more on Monday and the kid gets a 5 week break. He deserves it so much, I'm so proud of him.


Since I didn't bring my camera today, I googled "snowbird ski resort" for a picture of a sunny day at snowbird to post, and while I was flipping through the pages of images I came across this:

Yep! That is Scott! I called him and told him he was famous for being on the 3rd page of the "images" results for Snowbird! A photographer followed him and some buddies around last year and took these awesome pictures. I know you're all thinking, "He's crazy" but look at the last sequence of the jump.....deep pure powder landing. Can't resist when you get to land in that! I tell him now that he has his fame of cool pictures, no more jumping cliffs (not that he listens). He's got teeth to work on and needs those hands, legs, and arms.

5 comments:

abby o said...

WAY too fun...I'm always amazed, every time I drive up either Cottonwood Canyon, how much snow they have and how breathtakingly beautful it is. Can't wait to come and get my fill!!!

M said...

oh my gosh! i'm SO jealous! but i'm SO happy you got to get out and play! so much fun! you rule!

Brittney said...

I am so not a skier (downhill anyway) but your description of the beautiful day makes me want to get into it. The picture of Scott...AMAZING!!!

Hope you guys are able to have some fun on Scott's break.

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

No way! That's him?! haha That's awesome

Shawni said...

Oh I wish I could ski like that! That picture is AWESOME.

Ok, and can I just say I WANT that house your mom just moved into. Can she design my house some day? It looks so gorgeous.