Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weekend Get-a-Way


I am so grateful to live in Utah, it is so beautiful. As antsy as I am for the warm weather, to wear t-shirts and flip flops again, and drive with my windows down, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the beautiful snow we've recieved this winter (especially for skiing!). Well this weekend Scotty and I were able to escape our crazy lives and the city and head up to Midway. It was nothing but a winter wonderland! What a joy it was to relax and sip hot chocolate together. Life is so good. We ate at this wonderful prime rib buffett at that new Zermott resort, it was delicious! We ate till our tummies were full and our pants were unbuttoned (everyone has to do that every once in a while right?) On Sunday we slept in and made a delicious breakfast and then went to church up there. I just love the "small town" feeling, the people are so down to earth. When we were driving home everybody was on top of their roofs shoveling off the snow. There is SO much up there! It was so great, families were all up there together, each with their own shovel. We just got a kick out of it, and felt guilty that we didn't have to spend our Sunday doing the same! I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who makes me so happy and enjoys life with me. We just cuddled up all day and talked and laughed and the time went way too fast. It was a wonderful weekend in our winter wonderland.

2 comments:

Perry's said...

Sounds like you had fun. We have been so jealous of all your snow for skiing/snowboarding purposes. Of course it's nice the year we leave, just our luck! Oh and you are bummed about the Evan's leaving the villag? You won't love this then, did you hear the Goates are moving out here to Columbus? Yea we are so excited!

Dave and Britt said...

hehe that just strikes me as funny, people on their roofs shoveling snow hehe. Glad you guys could get away. Great for every marriage ya know!