Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winter Paradise!







It was such a great way to start the year off.... in the sunshine! We were able to go to Hawaii with my family and we had a blast! There are so many memories I could write about, and I wish I would have kept a little notebook in my pocket at all times to write down all the little sayings that were said by each person. Life is just too much fun when you're with your whole fam (all 13 people) in close quarters. We stayed at the beautiful Marriot resort in Oahu. It was so nice to relax on the beach, soak in the rays, and spend time together before a busy new year started up again! We had some great adventures including some of the following: the 24 hour stomach flu went around to the whole family -2 people who really lucked out! That virus seriously went around like the plague! The best part about it was that it only lasted for one day, and the next day you were out on the beach again! We just came to the conclusion that pretty much we were just doomed to get it while living in such close quarters! It turned out to be a humorous thing in the end. So as far as the rental car goes: we didn't have one planned in advance (big mistake) so my dad and Crystal came back with a convertible mustang! We called it 'The Stang"....not such a great fit for 13 people including 2 car seats! When we went to Costco, the car was jam packed full with stuff on our laps and the top down to provide as much space as possible! When we went out to dinner, we had to take 3 trips to get everyone there and back, crammed on each other's laps. Being able to take the top off saved us! We also had the opportunity to go to some beautiful waterfalls and walk through the jungle to get there, it was gorgeous! We spent the rest of that day at the North Shore watching all the incredible surfers. It was such a thrill to watch them! One night all the couples played the "newly wed game" and I think that was our favorite part of the trip! My dad came up with the questions and we'll just say we all learned a little too much about each other! It was a kick in the pants, and we laughed all night long. Most importantly, we just spent time together as a family and that was such a blessing. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful family, and it's so great that we can all spend a week together and get along so great. Each person has so much to uniquely add and it was so nice to talk and get insight from one another. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my gosh Teddy! We were just talking about you yesterday! Charity and I had a little impromptu farewell lunch with Jane and Sara yesterday and about half way through we looked at each other and said, "Where are Teddy and Eileen??? We should have called them!" Not that you could have dropped everything and joined us but we were laughing so hard about old times when you girls were the three muskateers! Those were happy days! Now Charity is off to London tomorrow morning and it's probably too late, but let's stay in touch through blogs and websites okay? How fun that you have found our blogs. I don't know how because I'm still mystified about how all that works but it will be so fun to keep up! It's just so fun to check in and see how you're doing! You look beautiful and happy!
Love you,
The Eyres

Saren said...

Teddy - so fun to get your comment on my blog and get back in touch with you! I loved seeing your photos and wow - you make me feel old to see you all grown up and married when I used to babysit you. You were this happy super chubby little thing and now look at you! I have great memories of babysitting and hanging out with you and your brothers on good old Augusta Way. I'm so happy for you that you've found a wonderful guy and that you're off on a new adventure soon with dental school. Shawni and Josh live in Gilbert - right by Mesa - did you know that? Keep in touch for sure!

Cassi said...

Yay! You guys have a blog now! It's nice to be able to check up on you guys once in a while! We need to get together soon!

Dave and Britt said...

I noticed Dave put you on our family/friends links and decided I should check your blog out. so cute!! Congrats on dental school, thats flippin awesome! Oh, and Hawaii, i'm so jealous.

Shawni said...

TEDDY! You are the cutest girl. I couldn't believe when I saw your name there on my blog. I'm so glad you are doing so great and that you found that great husband...you guys are glowing (I guess who wouldn't "glow" in Hawaii). You look beautiful and I just cannot believe all that time has passed since those days of babysitting you and your brothers on good old Augusta Way. I still think of you guys when I drive past that house. I'd love to hear what the rest of the family is up to. Stay in touch ok? Oh, and MOVE TO AZ! Please let me know if you have any questions or anything. That would be so fun to hook up again. Which brother lives here? Congrats on getting in and good luck with the decision.
Love, Shawni

charity eyre wright said...

Apparently I am the last person in my family to discover your blog. HAHA! Oh Teds I miss you! You look beautiful and happy. I suppose it will be another 18 months, but time never seemed to be a factor in our always present friendship! I love you dearly! Please keep in touch... send me letters! My addresses are on my blog. Love you Teddy Jane! See you in 18!

Tiff-E said...

Yeah for Hawaii, you guys are so stinkin tan!!! I have to admit, we are SOOO jealous of your fun trip, we are definitely ready for some warm weather in these parts! Thanks for sayin hi, I love your blog! Hey, where did Scott get in, and where are you guys headed for dental school? Congrats, by the way to Scott, that is so dang exciting!!!

Perry's said...

Yea you have a blog!! And you didn't even tell us!! :( we found it on the Evans' hope that's ok. YOu will love it even more when you move for school cause it is such a fun way to keep in touch!! Congrats again to Scott. you guys look great, love the pics. Hope you are doing well, miss you guys!
You can visit our blog at ssperry.blogspot.com

Love
Shayne and Sherri Perry