

We've all heard that "Laughter is the best medicine" right? So today I came across an article on laughter, and ever since have been thinking about how blessed I am to have so much laughter in my life. Not only is it the funnest thing on the planet and brings so much joy to my life, but there's health benefits of it too! Lots of them! You guys will seriously get a kick out of some of these! Just to name a few:
The article stated, "It has been estimated by scientists that laughing 100 times equals the same physical exertion as a 10 min workout on a rowing machine or 15 min on a stationary exercise bike!"
It also strengthens the abs! And get this! There is even Laughter Yoga! No idea how that works or what the constructor must come up with to make his class laugh, but I can only imagine! I learned that Gelotology is the study of humor and laughter and its psychological and physiological effects on the human body. I had no idea there was even such a thing! There is so much I could write about, it was actually fascinating. But more importantly than it's "physical fitness" pros, I am just so grateful to have a husband that makes me laugh every single day. "A day without laughter is a day wasted". Scott is the funnest person in the world to be married to. Wouldn't life be dull without laughter? I swear there isn't a night before bed that I don't get pinned down and tickled to death till I'm nothing but paining in the stomach and red in the face. It is truly theraputic. You can't laugh and be stressed at the same time! It's not possible! It is a time to escape the stresses and concerns of life.
There are times when both Scotty and I will just start laughing so hard, we play off of each other and cannot stop! Oh man, life is just too much fun. So anyway, I hope you all enjoy the beauty of laughter as much as I do.
The article stated, "It has been estimated by scientists that laughing 100 times equals the same physical exertion as a 10 min workout on a rowing machine or 15 min on a stationary exercise bike!"
It also strengthens the abs! And get this! There is even Laughter Yoga! No idea how that works or what the constructor must come up with to make his class laugh, but I can only imagine! I learned that Gelotology is the study of humor and laughter and its psychological and physiological effects on the human body. I had no idea there was even such a thing! There is so much I could write about, it was actually fascinating. But more importantly than it's "physical fitness" pros, I am just so grateful to have a husband that makes me laugh every single day. "A day without laughter is a day wasted". Scott is the funnest person in the world to be married to. Wouldn't life be dull without laughter? I swear there isn't a night before bed that I don't get pinned down and tickled to death till I'm nothing but paining in the stomach and red in the face. It is truly theraputic. You can't laugh and be stressed at the same time! It's not possible! It is a time to escape the stresses and concerns of life.
There are times when both Scotty and I will just start laughing so hard, we play off of each other and cannot stop! Oh man, life is just too much fun. So anyway, I hope you all enjoy the beauty of laughter as much as I do. P.S. Here is the link to the article in case you're interested. It's great! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter
2 comments:
WHAT? Teddy you started a blog and I had to find it at random!! WHAT YOU SILLY GIRL! Oh my! I can't wait to read all you about you guys! And congrats to Scotty for getting into a school! Keep us posted!! LOVE YOU!! LATE for LIFE!
I loved this post laughter really is the best medicine and so many more things too...I have learned now from reading this. Be greatful for a husband that makes you laugh I know I am it's the best!
Post a Comment